|Posted:||14 days ago|
From Next Wave Partners we are looking for a Risk Specialist for a leading company in the Offshore Wind Energy scenario
Ideally we would like to receive candidates with a degree in Engineering or Business Administration.
In terms of experience, we are looking for profiles with 1 to 3 years in strategic consulting or similar (in the energy sector) or in a company in the industrial sector in departments related to risk analysis, strategy, energy markets, regulation or trade.
The ideal candidate should be fluent in Spanish and English, additional languages are a plus.
Your main duties will be to develop the necessary analysis to be able to make strategic decisions aligned with the strategy on new investments and operating assets.
You will be responsible for assessing and managing risks and opportunities that impact the business.
In addition, you will ensure that maximum profitability is achieved taking into account risk exposure and with as little fluctuation in results as possible.
- MARKET RISK - Quantify the total market risk of the company, including energy price risk, balance sheet risk, basis risk, profile risk and volume risk, taking into account the diversification between them. You will be responsible for defining mitigation strategies to keep market risk within approved limits.
- STRATEGIC RISK - You will perform risk analysis to quantify the potential deviation in the expected return of each investment, considering all risk factors: such as revenue, operational and financial risks. You will have to propose mitigation/hedging strategies.
- COUNTER PARTY / CREDIT RISK - Quantify counterparty risk and calculate collateral to be requested from counterparties.
- OPERATIONAL RISK - Analysis of Capex and Opex contingency and indexation of each project, learning rates of technologies.
- AUCTION STRATEGY - Support in the understanding of auction rules and analysis/simulation of auctions with different competitor behaviour to establish a well-defined strategy.
- MODELING AND STOCHASTIC ANALYSIS - Support business units with specific modelling and stochastic analyses.
- RISK CONTROL - Monitoring risk exposure and controlling compliance with risk policy
- You should have strong analytical and modelling skills.
- Have a good knowledge of the electricity business and regulatory issues.
- Good command of tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI; statistics; corporate finance and valuation.
- Excellent salary package (base salary + bonus included)
- Hybrid work mode
- Additional benefits include medical insurance and flexible remuneration.
- Career plan and growth opportunities in a company that is achieving excellent results.
- Pension plan
- Canteen, gym, training, nursery, etc.