|Posted:||25 days ago|
From Next Wave Partners we are looking for a Senior Project Director for a leading company in the Offshore Wind Energy scenario.
This role will be the most senior member of the organization and will lead all areas of commercial, financial and technical execution.
You will be responsible for leading the delivery of the Korea Floating Wind Project.
Your duties will range from the initial development phase through to the operational asset, including all aspects of permitting, design, procurement and construction.
Ideally more than 10 years of proven experience in Offshore Wind projects is required.
In terms of studies, preferably professionals with a degree in Engineering, Economics, and an MBA is an advantage.
You should have an understanding of the key factors that determine the financial and commercial viability of offshore wind energy projects.
Extensive knowledge of the project development process and health and safety regulations is required.
Working knowledge of procurement and contracting, legal documentation engineering packages, grid integration, offshore logistics and relevant environmental and regulatory issues would be an asset.
Knowledge of project implementation and operational requirements is required.
Experience in external stakeholder management, public and regulatory affairs and lobbying is required.
Good communication skills in public and with the team are required. We are looking for a communicative leader able to focus on both people and business and with demonstrable experience in managing teams in changing and challenging environments.
You should also demonstrate clear and consistent leadership values throughout your career.
A proven track record with a consistent focus on developing staff and own skills and capabilities is required: such as the ability to work in a large and complex organization.
Good interpersonal skills are a must: good verbal and written communication; analytical and structural skills; strong credibility built through business acumen and leadership.
In terms of languages, a high level of English is essential. As the project is developed by an international team. Other languages will be highly valued.
The location of the position will be in Seoul, but travel will be required to partner and stakeholder facilities and offices, local construction ports and construction sites.
You will be responsible for managing a team of around 15 professionals directly and up to 60 indirectly.
- You will have operational responsibility for the management of the large and diverse project team with high level direct reports in development, commercial, legal, QHSE, O&M and construction.
- You will report and prepare information for the Board Directors on all aspects of Offshore Development, including strategy, project progress, budget management, project timelines, resources, etc.
-You will successfully manage projects through the partners' internal approval processes;
- You will be responsible for driving continuous improvement in project management, levelized energy cost reduction and other business and development processes to help ensure that the organization and projects continue to reflect and keep pace with changes in the market and maintain a competitive advantage;
- You will need to establish and manage internal and external (contracted) project teams and individual criteria/targets to measure results against agreed performance standards;
- You will be responsible for project compliance with legislation, ethics, standards and best practices of the offshore wind farm industry, tender requirements, regulatory aspects and project and all Korea Floating Wind policies;
- You will represent the interests of the project among stakeholders and business decision-making forums, including all levels of local and national government;
- You will be responsible for the management of all senior staff in the project team.
- Monitoring and evaluating performance, as well as reporting results to project stakeholders;.
- Under the direction of the Board of Directors, define, recommend, implement and monitor project KPIs required to deliver the Business Plan;
- Effective negotiation with business partners, consultants, contractors and Government officials to achieve project milestones in accordance with defined schedules and strict financial targets;
- Assist in promoting a safety conscious, high energy, motivated organization and a culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, integrity and professional development of the team;
- You will be responsible for the production of relevant project reports to enable project sponsors to disseminate and manage project approval and reporting information to their respective companies as well as to the Board of Directors.
- Excellent salary package (base salary + bonus included)
- The ideal location would be Seul, Korea.
- Additional benefits include medical insurance and flexible remuneration.
- Career plan and growth opportunities in a company that is achieving excellent results.
- Pension plan
- Canteen, gym, training, nursery, etc.