|Posted:||21 days ago|
Title: OSS Mechanical Lead, Offshore Wind
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, Climate-Tech & Technology sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the Role
NextWave are working with an offshore wind developer who are expanding their team to work on the development and delivery of several projects they have in Taiwan, with the addition of a technically strong Offshore Substation Mechanical Lead.
- Oversee the mechanical engineering tasks and the third-party design contract from start to finish.
- Evaluate and advise the contractor on various aspects, including the overall layout of offshore substations, mechanical solutions, and equipment design and specifications.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders in different disciplines to ensure seamless integration.
- Engage with external project stakeholders as needed.
- Mentor the professional growth of junior and associate colleagues within the team and throughout the broader organisation
- Offer technical assistance to the Procurement, Quality, and HSSE departments.
- Conduct regular visits to the contractor's or subcontractors' locations, mainly outside of Asia
- Undertake site visits during fabrication as required.
- Bachelor's Degree or above in Mechanical Engineering
- Prior experience working on an offshore wind project is preferred
- A minimum of five years experience working on the design of offshore substations
- Fluency English is essential due to both internal and external stakeholder relationship management duties