The owner of a large super-critical coal fired power plant in South East Asia is looking to hire an experienced Operations and Performance Manager to maximise the technical and financial efficiency and output of the asset.
Role & Responsibilities
- Demonstrating exceptional knowledge and understanding of various technologies making up Sub-Critical and Super-Critical Thermal Power, their operations, long term and life time extensions etc.
- Recognising the financial & non-financial performance drivers of the business assets specifically JV Partners' engagement.
- Providing risk oversight, benchmarks with competitive practices and business models, ability to analyse, produce standard reports and disseminate plant data and KPIs.
- Communicating performance initiatives & taking personal accountability to meet deadlines in a challenging business environment.
- Engaging with all stakeholders to assure comprehension of the Business mission and alignment with goals and objectives.
- Building relations and establishing credibility as a trusted advisor for colleagues and JV Partners.
- Creating an environment of cooperation to assure sustained excellence in operations, plant performance, environmental health and safety (EH&S) performance through proactive, cross function, exchanges/dialogue, and the applications of lessons learned.
- Delivering compliant operations with all laws, regulations, license conditions, contract, agreements related to the Business.
- Understanding and developing suitable KPIs for such assets, follow up on actual business performance and achievement of agreed KPIs
- Developing and implementing methods and procedures for monitoring the operating systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in the O&M of large power plants
- Previous experience working on a super-critical coal fired power plant
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with several stakeholders
- Willingness to live and work full time in Southeast Asia
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Mike Feely on the below email address and telephone number:
Direct Line: +65 6340 1940
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1767587