NextWave is working closely with one of the leading EPC’s within power sector who are looking to grow their team in Bangkok, Thailand to support the large volume of upcoming projects.
For that purpose, they are looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer (Site management) to be based in Bangkok and oversee multiple projects in the region.
1. Tendering phase:
- Acts as proposal team core team member concerning all mechanical installation related activities in close coordination with mechanical engineering
- Supports the proposal team by reviewing the ITB for mechanical installation technical requirements / conditions
- Surveys and qualifies potential mechanical sub-contractors and vendors
- Provides input on tender time schedule for the optimized durations / sequence for mechanical installation activities towards civil turn over dates and commissioning TOP’s
- Supports proposal team in the clarification & negotiation with potential mechanical installation sub-contractors and vendors
- Scrutinizes and evaluates quotations from potential mechanical installation sub-contractors and vendors
2. Preparation / startup of mechanical installation activities
- Immediately after NTP; Updates / finalizes the site temporary infrastructure and services requirements
- Immediately after NTP; Updates / finalizes mechanical installation related DoW / DoR, site services responsibility definition etc.
- Actively promotes HSSE, especially in the early phase of the mechanical installation works
- Closely coordinates with the site manager and other site management team members, e.g. civil site manager, site HSSE manager, site quality manager etc.
- Responds to partners’ and sub-contractors “Request for Information” and resolves technical issues as required
3. Project Execution
- Closely monitors overall mechanical installation activities/progress in comparison to baseline schedule and defines together with the project mechanical installation manager early improvement measures as required
- Accompanies project(s), guiding the site management team(s) and the mechanical installation management team(s) and if required, actively intervenes in mechanical installation management for critical activities
- He/she may be deployed to project site on an interim basis to contain a critical situation by taking an active role in conjunction with the site team, until containment of the situation
- Mechanical engineering degree, holds a degree (bachelor or engineering diploma) of a publicly acknowledged engineering college or university
- Professional experience, has worked as Lead Mechanical Engineer on EPC project sites for at least two combined cycle or coal fired power plant projects
- Professional international experience, has worked at least 15 years in various project roles for combined cycle and/or coal fired power plants .
- English, has distinct communication skills and is conversant in English, both verbal and written
- Personality, is an open minded, self-driving team player with distinct general management and site management skills
- Ability to cope with challenging customers / partners / subcontractors and suppliers
- Experienced in and able to generate, establish and implement mechanical installation management schedules, plans and procedures, wherever required
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Christopher Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org - Direct Line: +65 6340 1947
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1223713