Our client is an international player looking for their Head of China to overlook solar development in China. This person will be in charge of dealing with stakeholders regarding PPA, land rights and grid connection related matters, also be heavily involved with contract and EPC selection management.
- Actively manage and direct project development activities including:
- Identifying suitable sites and managing the process to appropriately secure the sites
- Research site permit requirements and timelines
- Manage and submit land use applications
- Represent the project in presentations to local permitting authority
- Manage the project budget and schedule
- Manage engagement of consultants and procurement of contractors and suppliers for developing and constructing a solar project in China
- Negotiate EPC contracts with potential contractors and suppliers
- Managing the EPC contractors and contracts in the delivery of the EPC services
- Managing the O&M contractor and contract in the delivery of the O&M services
- Coordinate with relevant China Government or environmental department on permitting and planning processes
- Manage the China grid connection applications, permits, timing and process management including costing for grid connection and required land and infrastructure
- Managing the FIT / PPA process with China’s stakeholders and government
- Assist in the financial modelling of the solar project in order to determine the overall project development and construction cost and revenues and expenses
- Prepare materials and participate in business development meetings with clients
- Maintain working knowledge of current (and proposed) solar related tariff and statutes
Key skills and knowledge areas required
- Based in Shanghai, China
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience with an energy developer, real estate development, consultant, utility or related field in developing, constructing or operating large scale ground mounted solar projects
- Project management skills
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
- Enjoy and be effective at developing and nurturing client relationships at the appropriate level.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Be ambitious, motivated and have the drive to succeed.
- Be a team player.
- Fluent Mandarin and English (written and spoken)
Direct line:+65 6914 9935
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1658538