NextWave are working with a leading international developer of offshore wind projects who are developing a large pipeline of projects in Japan. Because of this activity, they are looking to hire a Government Affairs Manager to work with the Development Team and help move these projects forward.
- Developing and leading the execution of a government relations strategy for strengthening relationships with government decision makers, key-influencers, champions, opponents and other stakeholders.
- Engaging with government officials, including parliamentarians and senior aides, as well as senior officials and policy makers at national and country level government departments, and key stakeholder groups such as local Fishery Associations.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with the project teams and its shareholders both locally and globally (commercial, legal, public affairs, communications, etc.) to quickly identify risks, mitigations and opportunities.
- Monitoring legislation, policy and public activities and updating project leadership about relevant policy proposals and actions.
- Liaising with relevant government relations, communications and PR teams within partner and supplier teams to ensure consistent messaging, tactics and action.
- Planning and executing the budget for government relations activities.
- 10+ years’ relevant experience within Japan
- Fluent English and Japanese
- Bachelor’s Degree or above
- Previous experience in the Japanese Energy sector would be an advantage
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Mike Feely at firstname.lastname@example.org - Direct Line: +65 6340 1940
EA License No: 16S8303 EA Registration No: R1767587