NextWave is working with leading independent power producers in Asia who are building a large infrastructure project in Hong Kong to further their plan for a cleaner energy mix.
For that purpose, they are looking for an Environmental Manager in Hong Kong.
- Manage the execution of the Environmental Permit (EP) for the Project, including implementation of relevant Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) requirements, EP conditions and Environmental Monitoring & Audit (EM&A) program;
- Support the stakeholder engagement strategy to facilitate relevant permitting processes;
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Fisheries Enhancement Plan for the Project;
- Manage the environmental consultants and their interface with other consultants that are performing relevant studies and assessments for the Project;
- Manage the coordination among internal teams and external consultants to ensure that the project is conducted in compliance with the environmental regulations and internal requirements;
- Manage site environmental matters and the contractor’s site environmental performance to ensure full compliance with relevant environmental regulations and internal requirements;
- Review EM&A reports, EP submissions and other environmental deliverables;
- Oversee the liaison and communication with government authorities or external stakeholders/committees on environmental and compliance/permit matters;
- Supervise the development of Project Environmental Management Plan to define the management framework for environmental control of the Project;
- Oversee the management of Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) issues and provide environmental regulatory support to other Business Groups as required.
- A recognized university degree in relevant environmental or engineering discipline plus a minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience (Candidate with less experience will be considered for the position of Senior Environmental Regulatory Advisor);
- Possession of professional qualification from HKIQEP / HKIEIA / HKIE or other recognized professional bodies is preferable;
- Good understanding of local environmental regulations and environmental management systems for large scale projects, plus knowledge in local EM&A and EIA requirements;
- Self-motivated, result-oriented, strategic-thinking and able to work in a fast-paced challenging environment;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to take lead and coordinate among cross-functional teams and external parties in managing environmental issues;
- Understanding of client's Power Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality systems is an advantage;
- Good communication and presentation skills in both written and spoken English and Chinese.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Christopher Stephens at email@example.com - Direct Line: +65 6340 1947
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1223713