|about 1 month ago
Title: WTG Engineer (Mechanical)
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, Climate-Tech & Technology sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the role
NextWave Partners are currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Mechanical Engineer to join the Engineering teams of an Offshore Wind Developer and contribute to the success of their offshore wind projects. As a WTG Mechanical Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the design, analysis, and optimization of the mechanical components of offshore wind turbines. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the reliability, efficiency, and safety of our wind turbine generators, contributing to the overall success of our offshore wind farms.
- Assist the Package Lead and/or Technical Lead in delivering the package.
- Oversee the technical (mechanical) aspects/requirements outlined in the Turbine Supply Agreement and manage technical interfaces with the supplier.
- Lead or support interface design processes between the WTG package and other packages, such as tower/foundation and installation.
- Act as the project representative in technical forums with the WTG supplier.
- Ensure the qualification and acceptance of design modifications related to mechanical design.
- Adhere to project program requirements.
- Manage technical risks associated with the project.
- Provide recommendations for technical solutions or changes to project management.
- Advise the WTG Quality Manager and WTG Package Manager on the impact of technical risks and propose potential solutions.
- Contribute to the establishment of a quality assurance system, including procedures and requirements for turbine acceptance (e.g., Electrical checklists), and assist in revising quality documentation during manufacturing and installation.
- Collaborate with external professionals providing technical expertise and project support in the evaluation of operational and performance issues.
- Ensure that all recommendations are documented, and thorough due diligence supports decisions, whether through internal or external diligence.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
Proven experience in the design and analysis of mechanical components, preferably in the wind energy or renewable energy sector.
Familiarity with offshore wind turbine systems is a significant advantage.
Proficient in engineering software for design and simulation.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Excellent project management and organizational abilities.
Effective communication and collaboration skills.
If you are a dedicated and qualified WTG Mechanical Engineer with a passion for renewable energy and a commitment to excellence, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
EA Registration No: R1767587
NextWave Partners Ltd. (EA License No: 16S8303 - UEN: 201602833E)
Job has Expired