NextWave Partners are working growing renewable energy company who is looking to hire a legal counsel to support their activities in the APAC region.
As the sole legal counsel in the company, you will be exposed to, and expected to address, a broad range of commercial and legal issues concerning the company’s operations. Some of your responsibilities are inward-facing (such as preparing board minutes), while others will involve interactions with clients (such as performing due diligence on the commercial/legal terms of project documents). You will be expected to advise the board of directors on any legal issues that may arise from the running of the business. Your input on certain commercial matters may also be called upon from time to time
- Ensuring the company’s compliance with AGM requirements (in Thailand), including supervising external corporate secretaries’ activities.
- Performing due diligence on the commercial/legal terms of EPC contracts, maintenance service contracts, and wind turbine supply agreements (this is similar to project finance due diligence but with a greater focus on commercial terms).
- Drafting and negotiating EPC contracts (mainly for wind and solar projects), operation and/or maintenance service contracts (mainly for wind and solar projects).
- Draft project tender documents, and evaluating submissions to tenders for key commercial / legal terms.
- Preparing and negotiating service agreements or confidentiality agreements with clients.
- Minimum 4 – 6 years’ experience in a reputable law firm, with a preference for a candidate with experience in projects or project finance. Renewables experience would be beneficial but is not mandatory.
- Previous experience in SE Asia and willing to relocate to Thailand.
- Law degree from a reputable university.
- Must be able to work effectively in teams of diverse international and professional backgrounds.
- Must be admitted as a lawyer in the relevant jurisdiction.
- Must be independent-minded, capable and willing to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong drafting skills and ability to adapt to address a broad range of legal issues.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Additional languages are a bonus, but not mandatory.
If interested in discussing this or other related roles, please contact Christopher Stephens at NextWave Partners
Direct: +65 6340 1947
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1223713