NextWave is working on an opening for an experienced Private Equity Analyst in the Investment Team.
Candidates should be passionate about investments, and have and have a record of high academic and professional achievement and relevant experience and skills – including strong analytical, risk assessment, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, and be highly organized and adaptable.
Candidates should be able to work closely within a team, be seeking a rewarding career in fiduciary asset management, and have a strong ethical base.
The company is committed to transformation, and preference will be given to black African candidates and thereafter to suitably qualified previously disadvantaged candidates.
As part of a team, to be responsible for deal origination, including developing and maintaining counterparty relationships, deal analysis and the assessment of investment opportunities, and to negotiate, structure, conclude and manage private equity (and some debt) transactions.
- Proactive and high-energy with a hands-on approach to problem-solving, and a positive and creative attitude
- Providing support to, and working with, experienced team members
- Depending on experience, providing training and mentoring to less experienced team members
- Uncompromising with respect to the quality of work and completeness in all regards
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Willing to take on a challenging amount of responsibility and workload
- Able to both take direction and show initiative as appropriate
- Results-oriented, with an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously and expeditiously
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative analysis, risk assessment, and financial modeling
- Ability to assess risks across a spectrum of areas related to each transaction
- Superior attention to detail and highly organised
- Ability to work independently and also to work closely with other team members
- Excellent analytical, strategic, negotiation and implementation skills
- Domestic travel required
- Generate investment thesis/ideas emanating from market developments, sector information and/or company developments.
- Provide a financial evaluation of project investment opportunities to the Investment Committee which includes but not limited to:
- Historical financial statement analysis
- Historic and forecasted financial ratio analysis as well as scenario testing analysis
- Creating and analyzing complex financial models (including sensitivity analysis) to support potential investment opportunities
- Conduct market research in potential investment sectors
- Conduct extensive company and industry due to diligence
- Conduct other counterparty analysis (governance, environmental, social, competitive, management, etc)
- Review and negotiate transaction legal documents such as Memorandum of Incorporations, Shareholders Agreements, and Share Purchase Agreements with the assistance of experienced team members
- Work collaboratively with team members outside of the investment team to ensure deal capturing, reporting, monitoring and valuations.
- Post investment monitoring of new/existing investments:
- Review of monthly management accounts of Portfolio Companies and annual forecasts
- Ensure through a review that the implementation of agreed strategic vision with management/co-shareholders is on track thereby increasing shareholder value.
- Preparation of annual and ad-hoc valuation reports on various Portfolio Companies
- Strong academic credentials – B Bus Science or similar
- CA or CFA candidate preferred
- Strong commercial focus with a passion for investments
- Strong company evaluation skills and private equity valuation skills
- Previous unlisted deal transaction experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good knowledge of PE and the ability to apply your skills creatively to diverse investment opportunities
- Proficiency in a variety of computer software applications, including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Adit Mehta at firstname.lastname@example.org - Direct Line: +65 6340 1944
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1653437