- Technical Leadership position
- Drive data strategy and technical direction
- Building the practice & growing data science capability
We are looking for an inspirational Data Science leader for a reputable financial institution. You will be driving data science strategy and technical direction forward, with senior stakeholders management and data science team management.
On the people management front, you will be leading and nurturing a high performing team to coach and mentor them to develop in their technical and business competency. You will also be leading the initiatives and conducting organization-wide training to educate the business on how and where data science comes into play.
On the technical side, you will be leading and initiating high impact data science projects with actionable outcomes for the business. You will be partnering with product and engineering team to deliver the ML models in production environment to end users.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in data science
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in managing and leading a data science team
- Ideally PhD holder in relevant fields including Statistics, Machine Learning, Economics, Computer Science
- Proven success in overall establishment and development of data science capability
- Proficient in statistical modelling and machine learning techniques including time series analysis, classification, logistic regression, GLM, text analytics
- Proficient in programming language such as Python, R, SQL
- Experience in using cloud and big data platform including AWS, Cloudera, Hadoop
- Familiar with containerisation
- Good to have experience working on data science projects for finance, trading behaviours, NLP
- Good to have finance domain or financial industry experience
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Vinny Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org - Direct Line: +65 6914 9936
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1440239