NextWave Partners has a unique opportunity for an Investment Director with a large emerging private equity fund that invests in clean energy, renewable energy, and resources efficiency. The Director will lead end-to-end investment efforts covering the South East Asian Region.
Role & Responsibilities
- Origination, negotiations, execution and managing private equity investments in South East Asia
- Represent the fund on the board of portfolio companies
- Work with team members and operate across the full investment cycle
- Develop high quality investment proposals with good management of the process
- Lead efforts across different countries and sectors and promote “one firm” experience
- Build and share strong relationships with investee companies and form broad networks to build the fund franchise
- Ensure best practices and strict compliance of fiduciary duties
- Maximize team results and manage resources
- Ensure transparent and accurate reporting
Requirements & Qualifications
- Strong track record of private equity investments, portfolio management and exit in South East Asia, ideally with focus on the relevant industry sectors. Specifically:
- Deal structuring
- Industry and strategic analysis
- People analysis
- Financial modeling
- Strategic / operational value adding
- Exit management
- Legal / regulatory knowledge Solid understanding of the macro-economic factors and influences in South East Asia in general and their effect on sectors relevant to the fund and its potential investee companies Leadership & Management
- Inclusive team player who shares knowledge and is ready to provide support to other team members as well as refer potential deals to other team members
- Ability to prioritize work flow, meet deadlines and produce quality and accurate work with dedication and best practice
- Is a role model and people developer who leads by example and supports company policy and procedures
- Communicates will with colleagues, is responsive to requests and keeps subordinates informed
- Ensures balanced and transparent communication within the firm Personal Characteristics
- Strong project management and organization skills, detail oriented, deadline driven while maintaining “big picture” view
- Excellent business judgement
- Client skills and commercial orientation are critical, but so is intellectual honesty regarding investment points of view
- A high degree of personal and professional integrity with a strong sense of responsibility
- Entrepreneurial, creative and naturally curious about businesses and how they fit into the macro-economic landscape and regional trends.
- Team player, self-motivated, independent, fast learner, well organized, ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Fluent in English and at least one major South East Asian language.
If this opportunity is of interest, please send your CV to Adam Wade on the below email address and a confidential discussion can be arranged.
Direct Line: +65 6340 1945
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1545636