With increasing emphasis to leverage on data capabilities across sectors and industries, it is also important to ensure data governance is well structured in place.
We are looking for the head of Data Governance to lead company-wide data governance activities, to constantly seek to improve the quality and management of massive wealth of confidential data and information assets.
You will drive high standards of adherence to establish an enterprise framework for data policies, best practices across business departments and functional areas to meet overall business needs and support business expansion.
- Build a roadmap for enterprise data governance including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
- Roll out organisation-wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behaviour policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and
- Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners
- To facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Lead Senior Management, comprising resources from the Business and Functional areas and IT business and operations functions, to achieve their objectives; resolve issues escalated from Business and Functional areas data governance representatives
- In conjunction with the IT, provide progress reports to Board management and oversee periodic updates to the Data Governance Roadmap
- Coordinate external data sources to eliminate redundancy and streamline the expense related to those services
- Identify new business opportunities pertaining to the use of information assets to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace / represent data as a strategic business asset at the Senior Management table
- At least eight (8) years of experience in a major organization, with large-scale data or project management and oversight experience. Minimum of three years of direct experience in data governance.
- Display of leadership skills and ability to manage relationship with board and C-suite level
- Experience in overseeing project management, delivery and decisioning
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to the management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
- Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions
- Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that influence the way things are done
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Vinny Chan at email@example.com - Direct Line: +65 6914 9936
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1440239