|Salary:||US$175.000 - US$200.000 per annum|
|Posted:||22 days ago|
Title: Trading Desk Manager
Location: New York City
NextWave is now working with a top tier global sustainability consulting and commodity trading services firm, to help their clients reach their sustainability objectives by analyzing their targets, developing a plan to minimize them, and assisting them in purchasing the necessary offsets in the interim. As a worldwide energy transition pioneer, the firm assists organizations in meeting their ambitious climate commitments.
MORE ABOUT THE JOB
As the Renewable Energy Desk Manager, you will create, manage and grow the portfolio of clients of the team that focuses on renewable energy certificates (RECs). This role will focus on coverage of compliance RPS programs across the United States and will cover some work with voluntary RECs. As a senior person on the desk, you will contribute to the development of other traders on the team and help them strengthen their existing client relationships. You will work together with other traders on the desk to structure and close deals and collaborate with them to expand the firm's presence and participation in existing and new markets. Through our collaborative way of working most of our deals happen between 2 or more traders. This approach means that you as well as our clients will benefit from the entirety of our knowledge, experience, and network.
● Company Leadership
● Client Scope of Work, Budgets, and Invoicing
● Client Satisfaction
● Team Resourcing and Staffing
● Innovation and Business Development
● Create and maintain a short-term and long-term strategic vision for the trade desk, including annual budget and business plan to realize and grow product desk.
● Work with Recruitment to expand the team of Sales traders and collaborate with the firm's HR team to train, manage, and develop Sales Traders.
● Increase and reflect market expertise by remaining up to date on all essential market changes in order to advise Sales Traders and clients on current market conditions.
● Bachelor's/Master's graduate, preferably in Business, Economics or Finance
● Possess a growth mindset, seek continuous improvement, and foster a
supportive culture of learning, growing, and improving as an individual, team
member, business, and client-growth.
● 8-10 years' experience in Sales/Business Development/Trading, 5+ years'
experience managing a team.
● Ability to lead internal and client engagements.
● network and experience in this industryUnderstanding of commodity products, including derivatives, and possess a network in the space.
● Competitive Remuneration
● Formal training and development program
● A fast-tracked career path to Senior Management if successful
● A strategic and entrepreneurial working environment
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert back promptly.
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all employees. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, discover, design and deliver solutions.
NextWave Partners Ltd. (EA License No: 16S8303 - UEN: 201602833E) Web: www.next-wavepartners.com