|Posted:||15 days ago|
Technical Product Manager
My client is one if the world's leading green-tech and IoT companies currently managing an abundance of energy assets across the world. They are looking for a Technical Product Manager who is passionate about the energy / IoT space and is driven to create innovative products that will value-add to the industry.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute visionary and strategic thinking to the team and clearly articulate the business value of the product.
- Own the product roadmap of his/her product line and proactively prioritize building what is most important to achieve the strategic goals and initiatives behind the product.
- Plan team deliveries and timelines for implementation. Define the release process and coordinate all activities to launch product to market.
- Bridge gaps between different functions and align all teams involved - marketing, sales, and customer support.
- Manage dependencies in and across releases to complete release phases and milestones.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with other product managers who are in charge of various other software product lines and coordinate with other product development effectively.
- Brainstorm, develop, and curate new ideas to communicate with other team members to decide which should be promoted into features to push the product strategy forward.
- Develop products by identifying potential products, conducting market research, generating product requirements.
- Prioritize features by ranking them against the strategic goals and making difficult trade-off decisions based on the value that new features will deliver to customers and to the business.
- Define requirements for each feature and the desired user experience.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in IT, electrical engineering or business-related fields.
- 3+ years of product (software) manager experience
- Technical experience - able to understand how products are built and have a keen eye for design
- Holistic understanding of the products' current presence and how it will continue to develop
- Take part in the product development process and track goals accordingly
- Set quantifiable goals and create clear metrics for success
- Ensure accountability and that strategy is shown through day-to-day work
- Align high-level and task-oriented work with stakeholders that are involved
- Market the product internally and externally. Compete internally for resources while advocating the value of the product to customers and clients.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to explain complex technical topics in an easily digestible manner
- Experience in software product development/management.
- Experience in Scrum / Agile development.
- Prior experience in developing Smart Grid/VPP/Connected Energy related software products is desirable.