|Republic of South Africa
|about 1 year ago
Title: Senior Climate Adaptation Consultant
Location: Cape Town, Pretoria, or London
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, & Climate-Tech sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the Role
NextWave are currently engaged with a global management consultancy focused on sustainability with specialties in Urban Sustainability, Climate, Energy, Water, Waste, Transport, and Resilience.
They are expanding their Climate team and are in search of a Senior Consultant to join the team.
The role will work as an advisor to their clients, will aid in business development, and act as an expert in Climate Adaptation. This role is integral to the growth and continued success of this team. The role is both focused on strategy and delivery of plans for their clients with a focus on African countries.
- This role is for someone with a strong mixture of technical and leadership/management experience who can take lead on applying for Climate Financing for projects related to Adaptation.
- Oversee the research and development of top tier information on policy, financial, and institutional analysis of climate change adaptation.
- Interact with the broader climate team to ensure clients' needs are met.
- Actively lead the expansion of the team both from a client and hiring perspective.
- Work across various countries with a focus on the African continent.
- Has written Climate Rationale for Climate Adaptation or Mitigation Projects in submission to a Climate Investment fund (ie: Green Climate Fund).
- 6+ years of experience including at least 3 years in management consulting working on environmental development finance in an international setting.
- Proven experience in directly managing a team (not just project managing).
- Experience overseeing the application process in whole or part for applying to Climate Financing.
- The ability to manage stakeholders at a national government level. (Has to have managed many and complex stakeholders, national level preferred).
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert back promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Job has Expired