A new strategic business unit of a well-known EPC/OEM is looking to hire a Specialist, Steam Turbines based in their Switzerland Office but responsible for clean power generation projects globally. This will involve both gas and biomass plants in project execution/upgrades/modifications.
Role & Responsibilities
- The successful individual will be responsible for negotiation with possible turbine set supplier during project bid phases including getting scope, prices as a basis for the Company’s EPC offering.
- Hold role of product responsible STG (steam turbine generator) within the organization and as such is a subject matter expert in this area.
- Responsible during negotiation phase with STG suppliers up to entering into a contract.
- STG input into design engineering to ensure that client’s functional specifications and user requirements are satisfied
- Execution of the STG sub-project with several projects in parallel and support during erection and commissioning. On site engineering support when necessary with ability to oversee all aspects of turbines systems and advise on integration with the overall power plant.
- Interact effectively with other engineering disciplines within the Power plant build Department and external Customers
- The Steam Turbine Specialist participates in meetings to plan co‐operative activities in order to coordinate the solutions of multi‐disciplinary or multifaceted problems.
- Utilise interpretative decision making in order to advise the clients where data or information is unknown or controversial.
- Provide a Quality Assurance service to ensure compliance with manufacturing, welding and construction standards.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor's in Science – Mechanical degree plus a minimum of 10 years experience in Power Plant Turbine tendering, design, construction and commissioning.
- Good understanding of International design codes and standards
- Welding quality assurance
- Understanding of turbine manufacturing (liaise with sub-contractors), erection and commission expertise
- Analytical engineering design and technical problem solving skills
- Cost analysis / economic evaluation skills
- Computer literate, technical report writing, communication and presentation skills
- Wide knowledge of relevant regulations, legislation, procedures, policies and guidelines
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Alex Bacciarelli on the below email address and telephone number:
Direct Line: +65 9836 6590
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1331936