- Build beautiful web front ends with modern technologies
- Work with a product team of passionate engineers
- Contribute meaningfully to the outcome of the customer
We’re looking for an experienced Front End Engineer to build the web-based front ends powering the next generation of products. You are responsible for implementing the visual
and interactive elements of our web-based applications.
You’ll work within the Commercial Product Team which is accountable for delivering value to business groups. The team does this by using modern techniques, tooling and behaviors to deliver software as quickly as possible.
You’ll be asked to learn new things quickly and accomplish a wide range of tasks, all focused on using modern technology to build web-based front ends. Your initial focus will be on enhancing and building new front end components for a predictive analytics platform. We understand that narrow and well-defined job responsibilities are good for some people. If you are one of those people, this role may not be right for you.
- Come ready to do the best work of your life and influence your team to do the same
- Own all aspects of your code (e.g. architecture, documentation, bug fixes, deployments)
- Sit directly with the commercial business to build intuitive user interfaces
- Set the standard for disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, continuous integration and deployment, code reviews and writing high quality, well-documented code)
- Own the application front end, working with users to continuously improve the product
- Communicate closely with users and the product manager to prioritize and implement new features of the product
- Champion good agile practices that provide a foundation for iterative product development
- Experienced working on multi-member teams to realise visual and interaction designs as browser-based web applications
- Able to translate visual UX/UI designs and wireframes into runtime front-end code that delivers the visual experience of an application
- Able to connect to back-end services deployed on elastic infrastructure to populate front-end application state
- Proficient in web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient in server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experienced with asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient with cross-browser compatibility issues and common fixes and workarounds
- Proficient with distributed version control (Git)
- Experience using image authoring and editing tools to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on image assets; familiarity with Gimp or Photoshop
- Contributed to open-source software projects
- Deployed one or more web applications used by thousands or more end-users
We’re looking for a passionate, team-oriented, experienced engineer who’s self-motivated and loves technology. We expect you to do the best work of your life and influence those
around you to do the same. We value humility and intellectual honesty in our engineers. In return, you have an incredible opportunity to enjoy the freedom and responsibility of a
the startup-like environment within a large, successful corporate enterprise.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Vinny Chan at email@example.com - Direct Line: +65 6914 9936
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1440239