|almost 1 year ago
From Next Wave Partners we are looking for a Senior Environmental Planner and Permitting Expert for one of the leading and fast growing companies in the photovoltaic field.
- Preferably 7+ years' hands-on experience in infrastructure and industry projects in Poland: site constraints analysis, planning, EIAs, environmental permitting, administrative authorizations, stakeholder engagement etc. Ideally with inhouse or consultancy experience.
- Experience in the administration process in Poland - especially in Environment and Spatial Planning.
- Preferably prior experience in permitting and business development within the solar PV or Wind industry in the country
- Solid understanding of environmental constraints, land requirements and spatial planning (MPZP and WZ).
- Good knowledge of the main players within the industry.
- Fluency in English and Polish.
- Full Driving license
- Proactive, autonomous, flexible and driven
- Able to promote a positive working culture within the team
- Strong organizational and good communication skills both verbal and written
- You should have a Bachelor's Degree in related discipline
This is a strategic role that will collaborate with the business development team on solar PV projects & portfolios (including Greenfield, Co-Development and Acquisition opportunities) and manage the environmental and permitting phases of such projects through to Financial Close and beyond to Operation/Compliance.
Regarding Co-Development projects, this role will focus on identifying, tracking, and reporting environmental, social and permitting/license risks at the project and portfolio level, as well as analyzing and addressing gaps in processes - to ensure alignment with the global standards and lender requirements.
Regarding Greenfield projects, this role will focus on identifying, managing, and reporting environmental, social and permitting/license risks, as well as managing Greenfield project planning and environmental permitting process from site finding through to operation.
.- Main duties
- Lead and manage Greenfield project environmental permitting process and co-ordinate external consultants, advisors, and service providers
- Supervise Co-Developers and support internal BD Managers in permit and licensing processes and their responses/solutions to flagged risks and propose risk mitigation measures
- Interface with Internal Teams, Co-Developers and external advisors and collaborate on all environmental and social planning issues
- Providing expert planning advice to inform decision-making and strategy on-site selection, planning applications and stakeholder engagement
- Review the viability and challenges of project development timelines and propose optimal permitting route
- Review Due Diligence, Fatal Flaw Analysis/Feasibility Studies undertaken by external Technical and Legal Advisors, and comment on the permits and licenses, environmental and social impact findings of these reports
- Review and assess projects from a development standpoint (land, environment, community engagement, permits and licenses)
- Maintain and develop strong working relationships with third party developers, projects' communities, decision making authorities and other key stakeholders
- Interact with landowners, local developers and municipalities
- Providing input to handovers to Construction and Asset Management, to ensure planning, environmental and social obligations during construction and operation are clearly detailed and understood
- Reporting and tracking progress and risks
- Stay on top of renewable policies and environmental policies, implications and remedies.
Competitive salary package and other benefits.
Hybrid working mode
Additional benefits including target bonus, medical insurance, flexible remuneration and attractive holiday policy.
To be part of a world leading company in the solar photovoltaic industry.
A company with a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment and a career plan to bring out the best in everyone.
You will work in a multinational team and manage projects in various parts of the world.
A company with an inclusive philosophy, where each person is valued and treated with respect.
Job has Expired