We are working with a leading E-Commerce brand in Asia, looking for a Senior Data Engineer to work across all their Data products. With operations across the APAC region,
you’ll be looking at managing close to 10 million unique visits to the site a day.
Be able to work with an engineering culture, where hackathons and meetups are a norm and where you can tap into great engineering managers for learning and development.
You’d be joining a growth team, helping to expand on data collection methods, optimizing data pipelines for better usage of data. You’ll be able to build pipelines from scratch as well as help look at maintaining a larger eco-system.
- Build and streamline a data pipeline for optimal ETL across Big Data technologies in Hadoop
- Work with a variety of engineers and analysts to come up with an optimal solution
- Create data projects for a variety of functions including customer acquisition, efficient operations and other KPIs across the company
- Be able to monitor the stability and accuracy of data pipelines, improving when needed
- Engage with a multitude of internal stakeholders to understand what data needs are
- Be able to design and implement improvements by automating manual processes, optimizing delivery of data and designing architecture to fit into a scalable structure
- Minimally a Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- Minimally holding 5 years work experience in relevant areas, specifically data engineering
- Be familiar with Hadoop environment, having worked with Hive, HBase, MapReduce etc.
- Previous experience using real-time computing and streaming tools such as Flink or Spark
- Capable of using dimensional data modelling/data warehousing concepts along with distributed systems
- Have experience programming across Python, java etc
- Have built reporting tools in the past, able to use SQL well
- Prior experience with E-commerce platforms preferred
- Singaporean and PR candidates need only apply
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Angie Wakefield at firstname.lastname@example.org - Direct Line: +65 6340 1949
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1781517