- Fast-growing Global Fintech company
- M&A specialization
- Tier 1, Private Equities MNC clients
We are looking for a Research Leader for a fast-growing Fintech company headquartered in Singapore, and with offices in London, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, and Luxembourg. They provide Mergers & Acquisitions deal origination services powered by data and AI for a global client base of large Private Equity firms and global Corporations.
The team speaks 14 languages and pride themselves on a diverse and collaborative office environment.
We are currently searching for a Research Manager with experience in creatively searching, analyzing and presenting company data. The position is based in Singapore.
- Lead M&A opportunity searches in our global database of private companies and ensure search results are best-in-class.
- Present results to a high-profile client base of leading private equity firms and corporates, integrate feedback to come up with refined results.
- Enhance search techniques and team’s expertise in finding more highly targeted companies for our clients (keyword and search request optimization).
- Proactively contribute to enhancing our internal tools, matching intelligence, business intelligence capabilities and data.
- Assist in identifying and evaluating new data sources, make recommendations on data buying and integration.
- Ensure analytical standard and data visualisation is of the highest quality across the company's deliverables, continuously refine standards to new levels.
- Collaborate with technology team to enrich the database and search usability with all proprietary information acquired during the course of your work. Gives ideas to the data and AI teams on what additional data would create value, and supports the teams in identifying already existing data sets.
- Provide guidance and training to more junior members working on data work such as searches for clients and prospective clients.
- Contribute to interviewing and evaluating other team members.
- Develop unique and highly reliable quantitative research and content (such as predictions, extrapolations) to add value to the data and new company offerings.
- Expert at performing advanced searches in company databases, and to get the extract the most valuable companies.
- Prior experience working in a research role with more than one reputable organization or database company (competitive analysis, sector mapping etc).
- Previous exposure to and deep understanding of various industries, value chain roles, competitor universe, segmentation. Ability to understand a business on the spot and ask the right questions.
- Fast thinker, productive, puts a lot of energy in solving clients’ search problem, solution-oriented.
- “In love” with data: always searching for a better outcome, identifies gaps and solutions to fill them. A passion for correct and complete data, and more importantly finds ideas and ways to complement the data sets.
- Knowledge and exposure to the most “demanding” types of clients (strategy consultants, private equity professionals, investment bankers).
- Strong business sense: market sizing rationale, market concentration, key business and financial metrics, market dynamics, growth drivers.
- Enjoys finding valuable data and presenting it in the most powerful manner.
- Technical skills and drive to enhance team efficiency by improving existing search processes, methodologies and quality of output.
- Keen attention to detail and business sense to intuit results.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau is a plus.
- Client-centric approach to developing and delivering search results and reports.
- Native, bilingual or highly fluent English is required. Other languages are welcome: Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese), German, Swedish, French, Spanish, Portuguese.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Vinny Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org - Direct Line: +65 6914 9936
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1440239