NextWave Partners is working with an international IPP who is constructing a large thermal power plant and looking for a QA/QC Lead to support the construction activities on the plant.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform (quality) audits of vendors/ suppliers/ contractors (including sites) to show compliance with standard industry practice, code requirements, product standards, and their (approved) quality management system;
- Perform qualified inspections of APCO/Contractor’s product using approved inspection procedures to determine if the product meets design requirements (i.e. engineering drawings, specification, codes) of APCO and Contractors’ engineering, QA Inspection Test Plan (ITP) and for Manufacturing, Field Quality Plan (FQP) for Site Supervision, customer contract, code, and standard industry practices. Commonly verified items include:
- Fabrication/Manufacturing processes and procedures,
- NDE and testing (mechanical, pressure, motor-load, functional, performance etc.),
- Painting/ coatings,
- Reports and turn-over documentation,
- Final Inspection,
- Logistics / shipping inspection, material / equipment receiving inspection,
- Site surveillance, Construction & Commissioning inspection,
- Customer witness / hold points at site;
- Provide surveillance/trip reports for inspections or audits performed;
- Quality Document review and comments for FQP/ITP and quality inspection records/reports.
- As needed by the project, provide expediting information for contractor surveillances;
- Assist supplier in developing / maintaining a high-level of product quality;
- Generate NCRs on deficient services or products;
- Assist QA/QC Manager in suggesting improvements to processes / procedures.
- Generate NCRs (and red/hold-tags) on products that are non-conforming;
- Documents any inspection activities performed
- Identification, approved procedure used, actual measured results, pass/fail judgement, date of
- Inspection, inspector identification with qualification reference.
- At last 10 years of experience managing quality inspection and engineering activities for large thermal power plants
- Has a proven track record in managing and implementing quality management systems both at site and in the fabrication yards.
- Must be able to communicate in Mandarin
- Willing to relocate to the Middle East
If interested in discussing this or other related roles, please contact Christopher Stephens at NextWave Partners
Direct: +65 6340 1947
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1223713