Our client, Japanese Independent Power Producer, is looking for the person from those advanced offshore wind market to work with them to build successful first offshore wind project in Japan.
Position title: Project Management role (Position title; to be discussed)-overall of the project will be taken care by you.
Your reporting line: CTO
You will be required to cover the job scope stated below.
- During the Development phase:
- Overall project management during the planning and development phase in lead up to construction.
- Providing technical input and recommendations on procurement strategy to identify, tender and select equipment suppliers, EPC and Wind Turbine Manufacturers for the projects
- Manage and review technical design development in the lead up to construction and in support of achieving all required permits and approvals.
- Technical review and negotiation of term sheets and contracts, including agreements for wind turbines, piles, submarine cables, electrical substations and construction craft, EPC and O&M agreements
- Review and analysis of construction costs and EPC / O&M prices
- Establishment and management of Health and Safety standards to offshore wind industry best practice, and oversee the effective implementation of health & safety plans;
- Establishment and management of Environmental standards to meet the environmental impact assessment and permitting requirements and achieve offshore wind industry best practice;
- Identification, development and management of support services that may be required during the lead up to construction
- Establish suitable and effective internal reporting during this phase.
- Develop meeting schedules and identify participants required on a look forward basis to ensure timely decision making and problem solving.
- Prepare materials and participate in internal reporting and approvals process
- During the construction phase:
- Overall project management during construction and forward planning of EPC Contractor activities.
- Program management of the relevant EPC and O&M Contractors to identify and manage timing and interface issues.
- Manage Owner's technical team during engineering reviews ensuring timely feedback
- Manage Owner's technical team during construction to ensure witness and inspection points are attended and relevant quality plan procedures are being implemented and reported on accurately.
- Provide oversight and recommendations on contract administration matters
- Manage time effectively between Office and Site to ensure that construction is being delivered on time and on budget
- Establish meeting schedules with relevant contractors, service providers and internal teams to oversee and control overall project delivery on a look forward basis to ensure timely decision making and problem solving
- Establish suitable weekly and monthly reporting during this phase
- Oversee and manage work health and safety plan implementation to ensure standards are being met and accurately reported on
- Oversee and manage environmental plan implementation to ensure compliance with environmental impact assessment permits and requirements including meeting all reporting obligations
- Oversee and manage relevant handover procedures for each discrete stage ensuring seamless integration between stages and mitigating interface issues between contractors
- Oversee and manage the complete commissioning process
- Trouble shooting and problem solving construction related issues as they arise
Key skills and knowledge areas required:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical or civil engineering
- Experience of offshore wind project from development phase until the completion of construction.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels and multinational culture.
- Enjoy and be effective at developing and nurturing client relationships at the appropriate level.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Be ambitious, motivated and have the drive to succeed.
- Be a team player.
- Fluent English (written and spoken) – most of engineers involving this project can communicate English —> Japanese is not required for this role.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Sayo Kiyama on the below email address and telephone number:
Direct Line: +65 6340 1941
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1653437