NextWave Partners has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Director – Offshore Wind to join a major infrastructure fund to help them manage the end to end development and construction of the offshore wind farm in Korea.
- Overall project management leading up to construction - during the planning and development phases
- Identification and recommendation on the establishment of owner's team and disciplines is required. To develop a suitable resource plan that fits with company's overall long term objectives - including the scoping selection of consultants and project advisors, including engineers and other consultants within market, technical or environmental;
- To provide technical input and recommendations on the procurement strategy, and to identify, tender and select equipment suppliers, EPC and O&M contractors for the company's projects;
- Manage and review technical design development in leading up to construction, and to support in management of all required permits and approvals;
- Technical/commercial review and negotiation of contracts and term sheets, which includes agreements for wind turbines, piles, submarine cables, electrical substations and construction craft, also agreements on EPC and O&M
- Analysis and review of the construction costs and EPC/O&M prices
- To establish and manage the Health and Safety standards to the offshore wind industry's best practice, and also to oversee an effective implementation of those plans;
- To establish and manage the Environmental standards, to meet the environmental impact assessment and also the permitting requirements, to the offshore wind industry's best practice;
- Identification, development and management of the support services that might be required leading up to the construction
- To establish suitable and effective internal weekly and monthly reporting
- To develop meeting schedules, and to identify participants required on a look- forward basis, ensuring timely decision making and problem solving
- Assisting with input in regards to the financial modelling of the projects, where required
- To prepare materials and to participate in internal reporting and approval processes
- Overall project management during construction phase, and the planning of EPC contractor activities
- To manage the program of the relevant EPC and O&M Contractors, and to identify and manage timing and interface issues.
- To manage your technical team during engineering reviews, also to provide feedback
- To manage your technical team during construction in ensuring witness and inspection points are attended, and also to ensure the accurate implementation and reporting of relevant plan procedures
- To provide recommendations and oversight on contract administration matters
- To manage time efficiently between the office and the site, ensuring that construction is being delivered on time and within the budget
- Setting up meetings with relevant contractors, service providers and internal teams, in overseeing and controlling of the overall project delivery on a forward-looking basis, ensuring timely decision making and problem solving
- Establishing suitable weekly and monthly reporting
- To establish and manage the Health and Safety standards to the offshore wind industry's best practice, and also to oversee an effective implementation of those plans
- To establish and manage the Environmental standards, to meet the environmental impact assessment and also the permitting requirements, to the offshore wind industry's best practice
- To oversee and manage relevant handover procedures for each stage, ensuring seamless integration between stages and mitigating interface issues between contractors
- Oversee and manage the entire commissioning process
- Trouble shooting and problem solving issues related to construction
- Engaging with the maintenance and operations contractors, and also service providers to ensure a seamless handover and minimisation of interface issues
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical or civil engineering
- A minimum of ten (10) years' experience with an energy developer, utility or related field performing a Project / Construction Manager role for offshore wind project
- Project management skills
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
- Enjoy and be effective at developing and nurturing client relationships at the appropriate level.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Be ambitious, motivated and have the drive to succeed.
- Be a team player.
- Fluent English and Korean (written and spoken)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Clarlynn Tan at email@example.com - Direct Line: +65 6914 9935
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1658538