- Fintech Industry
- Principal & Senior Data Scientist
- Tap into the massive wealth of data to solve interesting FS problems
Leading Fintech company with over 1000+ employees is looking to build up the Data Science team to drive both business and social impact that benefits millions of users in Southeast Asia. We are looking for Principal and Senior Data Scientists to join the high performing team led by a Data Science veteran with proven success in building a true blue data science team to drive tangible results.
The data scientists will be working on end to end of data science solutions delivery, working alongside capable colleagues from Financial Services business across the verticals including investment, loans, insurance, financial insights. You will be creating top-notch models.
The Big Data platform is primarily developed using Informatica, Cloudera Hadoop, Spark, Relational DB, NoSQL and Kinetica in-memory DB. We use Docker containers for deployment and APIs for internal and external service access. Python and Jupyter notebooks are our tools of trade, with Tableau as our dashboard standard.
- Utilize big data and machine learning to build predictive models including but not limited to customer acquisition, credit risk, fraud and financial insights
- Solve complex problems so as to lead the market in product innovation.
- Work with multiple, complex data sources (financial, psychometric, transactional etc.) at large scale.
- Perform thorough testing and validation of models and support various aspects of the business with data analytics.
- Evaluate available data sources and propose strategic acquisition or creation of new data sources to assist ongoing problem resolution.
- Identify new data sources/patterns that add significant lift to predictive modelling capabilities.
- Minimum three (3) years of coding, machine learning, large-scale data science, AI and statistics direct experience.
- Relevant educational qualification in Statistics or Computer Science
- Past experience in alternative credit bureau design and building solutions for financial institutions will be highly valuable
- Background in fintech, credit risk and/or especially lending/investment/insurance space will be an advantage
- Highly technical in both platforms and techniques are expected.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passionate in business success through data and algorithms. Creative with new ideas to improve decisions. Self-motivated and a good team player, who is not afraid to take risks and try new things
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Vinny Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org - Direct Line: +65 6914 9936
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1440239