|Posted:||16 days ago|
Title: Operations Manager (Coal Fired Power Plant)
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, Climate-Tech & Technology sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the role
The client is a leading power plant owner and asset owner in the Philippines with a mission to provide clean thermal power to the Philippines. They are currently looking for an Operations Manager on one of their thermal power assets.
- Ensure effective management and control of plant operating functions / coal and ash plant operation & maintenance and laboratory activities in accordance with established and contractual requirements, schedules, quality cost and time objectives.
- Responsible for the overall administration and supervision of operation staff and operating activities including planned shut down and starting of the plant in accordance with established work plans schedules and ensuring safety of all personnel and environment.
- Participate in and concur all decisions regarding new design criteria, technical specifications and operating methods related to the plant.
- Preparing the plant operating budget and cost control systems
Responsible for initiating changes in methods, schedules and procedures needed to meet specific requirements of plant operations after suitable approval from the management.
- Maintain reporting system which provides sufficient data to ensure that operations are being accomplished within the specified limits, schedules and technical parameters.
- Submit periodic reports to the plant management team and keep them informed on all technical problems, if any, as well as on new changes or modifications on existing work plant or schedule.
- Ensure Environmental Aspect-Impact and Hazard Risk Assessment are carried out, controlled and updates.
- Review training requirements and identify competency gaps for their team and implement necessary actions to ensure that the team has all the required capabilities to perform their duties.
- Carry out annual performance evaluation of reporting for their team and ensure that regular review sessions are undertaken as per HR guidance for performance review.
- Ensure the provision and use of PPE and other safety equipment and tools as required to perform duties by their team on plant.
- Monitor and control contractors & subcontractors activities within the premises with respect to IMS (adherence to procedures and safety rules).
- Coordinate and participate in the emergency response exercises
- Over 10 year's experience in managing large thermal power projects with a particular focus on coal fired power plants.
- Relevant engineering degree - Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical
- Strong understanding of entire power plant operations and procedures while collaborating closely with maintenance and other departments.
- Having experience in Asia is preferred.
- Management ability:
- Build and work with multi-cultural and multi - disciplinary staff.
- Motivation and leadership of team and individual team members.
- Seek, organise and exchange information for decision making and problem solving.
- Provide visionary leadership, innovation and sound decisions.
- Facilitate workplace communication.
- Identify and respond carefully to sensitive community and organizational issues, concerns and needs.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert back promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
EA Registration No: R1223713
NextWave Partners Ltd. (EA License No: 16S8303 - UEN: 201602833E)