NextWave Partners is working with a leading IPP who is currently constructing a large scale thermal power plant in the Middle East. With commissioning and operations fast approaching they’re looking for a Operations Manager to be based in country and manage the operations of the plant.
- Ensure overall plant operation of the Thermal Power Plant,
- Power Plant Operation, adherence to HSSE standards , operation of Fuel and Ash conveying system,
- Raw water & treated water systems and Government/Stakeholder Relations are the main areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that requirements of assigned responsibility areas are carried out in a manner that meets expectations and realizes strategic objectives of the organization.
- Manages and overall responsible for the plant operation activities of power plant. Monitor plant operation activities and safety ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements are followed.
- Oversees technical staff, such as Engineers and Technicians and hires and trains personnel. Requires a bachelor's degree.
- Typically reports to top management and manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity.
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Give input into developing the budget.
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
- To ensure ease of operations to maximize the plant availability and maximize plant efficiency and,
- To minimize maintenance requirements and auxiliary power requirements
- To maximize revenue producing energy while minimizing capital and operational costs
- Contribute information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans to enhance productivity, ensure quality, resolve problems, complete audits and identify the trends.
- The Operations Manager assist the Plant Operations Manager in providing leadership and guidance in managing the activities and staff.
- Oversee processes and standards for all critical functions within the division
- Develop and manage implementation of changes to realize continuous improvement in performance
- Establish and maintain high standards of Health, Safety and Environmental functions
- Execute Fuel supply Agreement and Ash management Agreement.
- Prepare scope documents, invite bids, award and manage contracts for various support services activities
- Participate in technical/administrative discussions and assist in better managing business
- Identify deficiencies in plant and equipment and raise defect to Maintenance team for suitable remedial measures
- Record all events/activities and provide periodical reports to the management
- Approve requests for the purchase of required items for operation department in accordance with the purchase procedures of the plant
- Ensure development and implementation of standard operating procedures and standard check lists for plant operation activities.
- Establish and implement KPIs to monitor plant operation activities
- Manage projects aiming upgrade and Plant equipments and process improvement
- Ensure continuous IMS improvement
- Implement and track closely the HSSE and insurers assessments recommendations
- Detect early HSSE rules violation and correct defects on proactive manner
- Provide solutions to Stack emissions exceedance and lead the upgrade action plan
- Comply with Statutory Compliances and Environment requirements
- Ensuring conformance with statutory requirements in respect of safety certificates for boilers, cranes, hoists and other equipment
- Comply with statutory requirements under various labour enactments
- Ensuring timely returns submission, register maintenance and renewal of licenses
- Engineer Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
- 20+ years of experience in solid fuel fired power plants with a capacity of more than 200MW
- Direct site experience in Power Plant Operation and Maintenance is preferred
- Fluent in English with strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated high levels of organization, written/verbal communication and documentation skills
- Familiar with the local, international related standards and specifications
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Minimum 3 years of leadership position
If interested in discussing this or other related roles, please contact Christopher Stephens at NextWave Partners
Direct: +65 6340 1947
EA License No: R1223713
EA Registration No: 16S8303