Our client is world class airline group, with a proactive mindset to adopt and implement cutting edge Digital Innovation strategies in logistics and air transportation management.
- Provide leadership to own the high-level vision of data management systems and analytics support within the business.
- Drive and direct the team in the following core activities:
- Design and develop architecture for data services ecosystem spanning Relational, Columnar, No SQL, In-Memory and Big Data technologies.
- Design data models for mission critical and high volume data management, real-time and distributed data process aligning with the business requirements.
- Promote and develop data architecture best practices, guidelines, procedures and repeatable and scalable frameworks.
- Work with business units on their analytics initiatives, supply and/or source analytics expertise and resources.
- Ensure the appropriate technology resourcing and support for the Data Engineering and analytics team.
- Lead projects involving high level of coordination among departments and business areas.
- BS in Computer Science or other related discipline is required. Advanced degree and MBA preferred.
- 8-12 years of relevant industry experience in following areas:
- Advanced knowledge and working experience with machine learning, statistical techniques, and information retrieval as well as on data management systems, practices and standards.
- Architecting highly performant databases using RedShift, PostgreSQL and Cassandra.
- In-Memory New SQL, NoSQL and Hadoop Hive/Spark.
- Shell scripting, Python, Perl, Ruby, or any other scripting language.
- Experience with commercial ETL platforms with in-depth knowledge and understanding of ETL methodology & design supporting data transformations transformation layer.
- Strong experience in technical team leadership and people management a must.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Agile/Scrum methodology and iterative practices in a service delivery lifecycle is a PLUS.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Willing to strive for the ideal solution while still working within the framework of the organization, project, and environment.
- Strong planning skills and proven ability as a problem-solver.
Kindly reach Amandeep Talwar at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential chat along with your latest CV.