NextWave Partners is working with a leading IPP who is currently constructing a large scale thermal power plant in the Middle East. With commissioning and operations fast approaching they’re looking for a Operations Manager to be based in country and manage the operations of the plant.
- Ensure overall maintenance of the thermal plant
- Power Plant Maintenance, HSSE, feedstock conveying and Government/Stakeholder Relations are the main areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that requirements of assigned responsibility areas are carried out in a manner that meets expectations and realizes strategic objectives of the organization.
- Manages and overall responsible for the maintenance activities of power plant.
- Monitor plant maintenance activities and safety ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements are followed.
- Oversees technical staff, such as Engineers and Technicians and hires and trains personnel.
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Give input into developing the budget
- Establish and implement Reliability and Availability Centered Maintenance Policy
- Maintain 24hrs continuous functioning of power plant equipment
- Plan and implement adequate programmes of maintenance for power plant equipment (Online maintenance and Unit outages programmes)
- Oversee processes and standards for all critical functions within the division
- Develop and manage implementation of changes to realize continuous improvement in performance
- Establish and maintain high standards of Health, Safety and Environmental
- Supervise Mechanical, Electrical, C&I, Civil maintenance and upkeep of all equipment in the power plant
- Execute Fuel and Ash management.
- Planning and budgeting for spares required for maintenance of various equipment
- Prepare scope documents, invite bids, award and manage contracts for various maintenance activities
- Coordinate plant maintenance activities for effective utilization of time and manpower as Outage Manager
- Develop and implement inspections / monitoring plan for vital parts/ equipment of the Plant including but not limited to annual overhauls, minor overhauls and major overhauls.
- Develop and implement appropriate preventive and planned maintenance programme for Plant and Equipment
- Carry out Root Cause Analysis for incidents /breakdown/outages with corrective actions proposals and ensure lessons Learned implementation and tracking
- Participate in technical/administrative discussions and assist in better managing business
- Identify deficiencies in plant and equipment and propose suitable remedial measures
- Coordinate with Operation Department and implement prudent maintenance plans to ensure optimum performance of the Plant and achieve targeted results
- Record all events/activities and provide periodical reports to the management
- Manages and follows maintenance subcontracting contracts
- Build reliable and high quality vendor base to outsource cost effective spares and services procurement process
- Approve requests for the purchase of spare parts in accordance with the purchase procedures of the plant
- Ensure implementation of procedures for planning and executing maintenance
- Establish and implement KPIs to monitor maintenance activities
- Manage projects aiming upgrade and Plant equipments and process improvement
- Ensure maintenance and repair of facilities related to HSSE (fire detection systems, firefighting system, environment and hygiene equipment)
- Ensure continuous IMS improvement
- Implement and track closely the HSSE and insurers assessments recommendations
- Detect early HSSE rules violation and correct defects on proactive manner
- Provide solutions to Stack emissions exceedance and lead the upgrade action plan
- Manage Chemical and Environment functions
- Comply Environment requirements
- Ensuring conformance with statutory requirements in respect of safety certificates for boilers, cranes, hoists and other equipment
- Comply with statutory requirements under various labor enactments
- Ensuring timely returns submission, register maintenance and renewal of licenses
- Engineer Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
- 20+ years of experience in solid fuel fired power plants with a capacity of more than 200MW
- Direct site experience in Power Plant construction / Maintenance is preferred
- Fluent in English with strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated high levels of organization, written/verbal communication and documentation skills
- Familiar with the local, international related standards and specifications
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Minimum 3 years of leadership position
If interested in discussing this or other related roles, please contact Christopher Stephens at NextWave Partners
Direct: +65 6340 1947
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1223713