NextWave Partners is working closely with an IPP in the Middle East who is putting together to an O&M team on a large scale thermal power plant project. For that purpose they’re looking for a Maintenance & Facilities Manager to:
Occupy a key role in the local leadership team, reporting to the Chief Mining Officer. He/she controls the installation, repair and upkeep of company’s and contractual property, including machines,
mechanical systems and infrastructure. He/she controls and develop operations in accordance with the required legislative framework and appropriate good industry practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the installation, repair and upkeep of an employer's property, including machines, mechanical systems, buildings and other structures,
- Meet highest standards of safety and environmental behaviour and performance
- Manage economic aspects of maintenance management, including budgeting costs, negotiating contracts with product vendors and hiring personnel,
- Actively manage logistics and availability of spare parts and supply channels, to optimize performance, reliability and cost.
- Develop and execute asset management principles, make performance and cost of asset performance are well recorded and managed and required works are performed.
- Manage/facilitate all related projects as appropriate.
- Ensure adherence to policies, standards and procedures in all areas of operations.
- Ensure that an appropriate team structure is in place to deliver optimal performance.
- Manage and control OPEX and CAPEX in accordance with approved plans.
- Recommend and identify the best practice leading to these and the improvement activities required to achieve and exceed them.
- Other duties related to miniatous, repair, fixed assets and logistics operations that may be assigned by upper management.
- BSC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant professional experience in maintenance and repair with at least 5 years in a managerial position.
- AutoCAD 2D & 3D skills
- English language literacy with high level of computer literacy
- An ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Independence strong interpersonal skill, energetic and able to work with team or independently and under pressure