Nextwave Partmers have been engaged by a European based newly formed investment management firm to source their Investment Director for SE Asia. Focusing on investment opportunities within environmentally sustainable forestry & agribusiness, you will work with the Board of Directors to source exciting opportunities that require a structured finance backing.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities which fit the criteria of the fund;
- Evaluate structure, negotiate, and close new transactions, manage portfolio restructurings & workouts, etc.
- Develop innovative and appropriate financial structures for transactions;
- Lead transaction negotiations & syndication process for complex projects;
- Manage transaction monitoring process right through to exit, including appointment of independent advisors or experts if needed;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials if needed to develop specific investment opportunities;
- Coordinate closely with colleagues assessing the environmental and social impact of projects, and help find pragmatic solutions to the specific challenges of the transaction to achieve sustainable impact in line with the funds’ goals;
- Represent the company at regional events, and host investors to the region at times;
Requirements / Qualifications
- MBA or equivalent qualification.
- More than 10 years of financial experience with a proven track-record of sourcing,
- structuring and closing debt investments;
- Experience with lending to agribusiness in Indonesia, including an understanding of
- SMEs and smallholder farmers;
- Significant network within the Indonesian banking sector, and ideally Singaporean as well;
- Knowledge of relevant agribusiness industry trends.
- Strong financial and credit skills; demonstrating an ability to structure a variety of financial instruments;
- Business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, financial institutions and government officials;
Strong problem-solving skills;
Intercultural negotiation and presentation skills;
Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
Willingness to travel extensively in the region and to Europe when needed;
Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Bahasa; fluency in other regional languages a plus.
If this opportunity is of interest, please send your CV to Laura Wilson on the below email address and a confidential discussion can be arranged.
Direct Line: +65 6340 1941
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1767589