|Posted:||12 days ago|
Title: Head of Sustainability - Clean Energy
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, Climate-Tech & Technology sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the Role
NextWave are working with a leading global energy and infrastructure investor who are looking to hire an experienced Head of Sustainability for a new gas-to-power platform they have established here in Asia.
- Ensuring that the company's internal ESG policies, systems and processes are in place in conjunction with other departments
- Leading the ESG technical input for project execution across all development stages
- Leading due diligence and impact studies for project execution (including construction related permitting, impact assessments, management plans etc) and asset acquisitions
- Overseeing the budgets related to ESG
- Implementing environmental and social requirements linked to project financing.
- Proactive community engagement and the development and implementation of a community investment strategy, with associated asset level Community Investment Plans.
- Undertaking Environmental and Social impact assessments, monitoring and reporting
- Developing plans to reduce carbon emissions and developing a transition plan
- Making recommendations to manage key ESG issues internally and on projects.
- Managing key internal and external stakeholder relationships
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in the infrastructure industry
- Strong working knowledge of the ESG aspects of project finance,
- Prior experience working on power projects in the APAC region
- Bachelor's Degree or above in a related field
- Fluency English is essential due to both internal and external stakeholder relationship management duties