|3 months ago
Head of Grid Connection Renewables
Location: anywhere in Germany (hybrid or remote)
About Next Wave
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, Climate-Tech & Technology sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
As the Head of Grid Connection, you'll be entrusted with the strategic leadership of our Grid Department. This isn't just a job; it's an opportunity to shape the industry and drive your career to new heights.
In this role, you will be responsible for independently leading and coordinating diverse and expanding teams throughout the entire grid and generation plant lifecycle pipeline in Germany. Your primary duty will involve close collaboration with teams in development, planning, construction, and asset management, utilizing your advanced communication and problem-solving skills to seamlessly integrate Grid-related activities across all project stages. The ultimate objective is to ensure the successful achievement of goals in each country within the designated region.
This position demands a unique combination of technical expertise, managerial skills, and strategic foresight. You'll need to cultivate strong working relationships not only within the Grid teams but also across various departments.
Proficiency in comprehending the complexities of TSO/DNO/DSO/ICP's and government agencies responsible for grid connections is crucial for success in this role.
Your knowledge and drive will play a pivotal role in contributing to the rapid expansion of our development and construction pipeline.
- Strategic Vision: Lead the Grid Department and chart the course for its growth.
- Collaborative Leadership: Foster innovation and teamwork within a dynamic environment.
- Market Insights: Analyze regional energy markets and shape data-driven strategies.
- Asset Optimization: Ensure optimal asset performance and regulatory compliance.
- Data-Driven Decision Making: Translate complex data into actionable insights.
- Regulatory Expertise: Stay abreast of regulatory changes and ensure compliance.
- Team Empowerment: Create a collaborative and innovative team culture.
- Possession of relevant education, preferably holding a degree in Power System Electrical Engineering. However, other related qualifications and substantial working experience will also be considered.
- Proven track record and substantial experience in a similar role, with a minimum of 5 years of experience (preferably 8+).
- In-depth understanding of the regional energy landscape.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Proficiency in programming and database management.
- A knack for innovative problem-solving.
- Proficiency in both German and English.
- Proficiency in understanding the processes related to grid connection, grid application, grid compliance, grid commissioning, and negotiations for grid offers across important jurisdictions.
- Familiarity with plans for enhancing transmission systems in key jurisdictions within the Region.
- Comprehensive comprehension of market operations and behaviors in the Region, particularly from a commercial and trading perspective.
- Strong foundation in grid code and regulatory compliance related to grid connections.
- Solid background in regulations pertaining to energy storage and its integration.
- Proficiency in Energy, Power Systems, Power Transmission, Project Management, Control Engineering, Account & Contract Management, Substation Design, Renewable Energy, Storage or Smart Grid.
- Expertise in High Voltage (HV) Engineering, Protection & Control Systems, Remote Terminal Unit (RTU)/Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Controls, Power Transformers, Cabling, Testing & Commissioning, Grid Connections, Contestable Works, Cable System Design, and Distribution Network Operator (DNO) Design.
Competitive compensation package.
Performance-based bonuses and premium health insurance.
Opportunities for personal and professional growth within a dynamic industry.
Flexible work arrangements.
Participation in sustainability initiatives and team-building activities.
An inclusive and collaborative work environment.
Attractive compensation package.
Additional benefits include bonus, premium health insurance, flexible remuneration, and other benefits.
Career plan and real opportunities for personal and professional growth.
You will be able to participate in team building activities and green initiatives with society.
You will be part of a leading company in the sector that is inclusive, flexible philosophy where every professional is valued and respected
An organization full of passionate people, with a deeply rooted culture of collaboration and care, driven by results.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert back promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
NextWave Partners Ltd. (EA License No: 16S8303 - UEN: 201602833E)
Job has Expired