Part of the multi-billion Singapore Group Holding, our client is a market leader in the marine and energy solutions. This a critical strategic hire to the business, seeking a senior leader with deep knowledge in the areas of data mining, machine learning including deep learning, artificial intelligence and statistical techniques.
We are looking for passionate, driven technologists who will share the company’s vision to deliver quality digital solutions to the marketplace.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful incumbent will be heading the Data Science and Analytics at the Group level globally. S/he will build and lead a team of data scientists to drive strategy alongside the business stakeholders. This role will be reporting to the CDO (Chief Digital Officer).
- Develop and drive implementation of a data science strategy in close collaboration with internal and external engineers and thought leaders to strengthen the market position
- Establish, lead and enable a global data science group in evangelising the digital roadmap
- Strong business acumen and able to utilize internal and external data to enable strategy implementation and drive the business decision making efficiently
- Build, manage, mentor and keep strengthening a core group of high impact data scientist team
- Interface with senior stakeholders across all group functions, including internal customers, to unleash the power of data science at all levels
- Drive organization culture shift to embrace data-backed insight and technology-based transformation
Requirements & Qualifications
- 10+ years of relevant expertise in analytics with PhD in Computer Science or Statistics
- 7+ years in a Leadership role leading a highly professional team in large global / regional environment.
- Innovative and agile - keep abreast of tools and models and actively sought for strategic solutions
- Experience with computer science methodologies, high performance computing, data engineering, software development, and data modelling and architecture.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong track record with hand-on coding experience on scalable platforms for processing of huge data sets will be a plus.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Aman Talwar on the below email address and telephone number:
Direct Line: +65 6340 1949
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1436509