We are working with a leading power developer who is constructing a large thermal power plant in the Middle East and for that purpose looking for a Fuel and Ash Manager.
The Fuel & Ash Operations Manager will occupy a key role in the local leadership team, reporting to the Chief Mining Officer. He or She direct, control and develop crushing, conveying, blending, stacking operations to secure oil shale feed within the required specifications to power plant.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage and control long term and day to day operations of fuel supply chain and ash operations to achieve contractual and economic targets,
- Meet highest standards of safety and environmental behaviour and performance,
- Manage, guide and measure fuel chain operations (including crushing, conveying, blending and sampling) by scheduling demand, mining production, expected oil shale quality from short and long-term mine planning.
- Measure and guide quality parameters and give feedback for mining and design department.
- Deliver oil shale tonnes and grades in accordance with demand and contract requirements.
- Cooperate with mining department to ensure the delivery of the despatched oil shale quantities in accordance with quality parameters and ensuring appropriate blending of oil shale to ensure fuel specifications within the specified limits.
- Manage all ash conveying, spreading and dozing operations in accordance with ash delivery from power plant.
- Manage/facilitate all Fuel Supply chain as appropriate to optimize performance, reliability and cost.
- Ensure adherence to policies, standards and procedures in all areas of operations.
- Ensure that an appropriate team structure is in place to deliver optimal performance.
- Manage and control OPEX and CAPEX in accordance with approved plans.
- Recommend and identify the best practice leading to these and the improvement activities required to achieve and exceed them.
- Managing fuel supply and ash operations teams including fuel preparation, conveying, quality engineering, mixing fuel yard, operations and ash operations teams.
- Other duties related to Fuel Supply and Ash operations that may be assigned by upper management.
- At least BSc in Chemical, Mining or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 15 years of relevant professional experience in solid fuel preparation and supply and ash operations within at least 5 years in a managerial position
- AutoCAD 2D & 3D skills
- English language literacy
- High level of computer literacy
- An ability to write clear and concise reports
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Independence strong interpersonal skill, energetic and able to work with team or independently and under pressure
- Strong technical skills
- Leadership and teamworking skills
- Communication skills and dealing with any emergency problems professionally
If interested in discussing this or other related roles, please contact Christopher Stephens at NextWave Partners
Direct: +65 6340 1947
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1223713