|about 1 month ago
Title: Fermentation Scientist
Location: Houston, TX
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, & Climate-Tech sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the Role
NextWave Partners are currently supporting a biotech scale-up dedicated to propelling the energy industry toward a net-zero emission future. Our client specializes in leveraging microorganisms for groundbreaking environmental applications, including transforming carbon dioxide and biomining. They are supported by leading investors in the renewable energy transition and are currently serving many leading oil, gas, petrochemical, and mining entities throughout the world.
The role will sit in the bioprocess team and will be overseeing bioreactor operation as well as optimizing upstream processing, all at a bench scale. For the ideal candidate, there is latitude to work on your own projects, as well as supervise others, and interact with a wide range of stakeholders in order to help move the company towards it's desired goal, decarbonizing the industrial world.
- Initiate and oversee studies to enhance upstream process KPIs while actively identifying and addressing issues.
- Implement Design of Experiments (DoE) in bench-scale fermentation trials for process refinement and technology transition to pilot-scale bioreactors.
- Revise operating procedures and contribute to the advancement of experimental design and data processing.
- Communicate study outcomes and strategies to bioprocess management and mentor junior staff in laboratory operations and experiment execution.
- Analyze data for presentation in visual or tabular formats and conduct literature reviews to stay updated on new technologies and protocols.
- MS or PhD in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, or related field.
- (MS) 2+ years experience working in industrial microbial fermentation OR (PhD) in the same field.
- Must have hands-on experience with fermenter operation, from setup to troubleshooting, and anaerobic fermentation techniques.
- Prior experience working in a biotech startup.
- (Preferred) Proficiency using chromatographical analytical techniques (GC, HPLC, LC-MS)
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation is based on experience
- Full benefits are offered
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert back promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.