Our client is a fast growing, tech-powered company with an awesome culture great tech teams. They work on a wide range of areas: consumer-facing mobile and web applications, search, recommendations, e-commerce, marketing automation, CRM, marketplace seller platform, supply chain automation, warehouse fulfilment and automation, transportation logistics and last mile delivery.
They use technology to delight their customers; they innovate to make our customers’ lives better. As Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading a software team building transport intelligence systems. This team is responsible for optimizing delivery efficiency while maintaining a high rate of on-time delivery and offering a variety of delivery options to our customers. The team will be based in Singapore.
As an Engineering Manager you will:
- Lead a team of software engineers and data scientists that has full ownership of key parts ofLast Mile Delivery platforms, such as routing and location intelligence.
- Conceptualize and implement transportation and telematics products, apps, algorithms and data analytics to provide a fast, reliable, convenient delivery experience at financially sustainable costs.
- Set the technical architecture for the team and take an active role in defining the product roadmap.
- Be responsible for driving impact by delivering on key initiatives as well as technical and business KPIs. You’ll be expected to make a significant impact on these through great technical judgment, business process understanding, close relationships with other technical leaders and your business counterparts, focused execution and frequent delivery.
- Attract, develop and retain the best software engineers and data scientists. Help them innovate, make an impact, continually improve at their job and grow in their careers.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence. Lead your team to design, implement, test and run in production robust, highly available automated routing solutions that our 24/7 store and operations can rely on.
- Lead and contribute to cross-functional initiatives to improve engineering.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders, product managers, and business counterparts to deliver company-wide initiatives.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
What do we look for in a candidate?
- Customer focus. Everything they do starts with our customers external and internal.
- Breadth and depth of technology experience and strong technical and product judgment.
- Someone within 8-14 years of experience in building, leading scaling and mentoring a great team of software engineers would be ideal
- Track record of successfully delivering multi-stakeholder projects that marry technology, people, and processes.
- Machine Learning and Domain knowledge. Experience with building software for logistics, transportation or running Machine Learning and optimization systems in production is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.