|Posted:||13 days ago|
Title: Energy Market Analyst
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, Climate-Tech & Technology sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the Role
My client is the global market leader in the technology of optimization-based energy market simulation. Our software suiteis used across every region of the world for a wide range of applications, from short-term analysis to long-term planning studies.
Driven by the frenetic pace of advancements in computing technology and mathematical algorithms, our people continually think of novel approaches and more realistic simulations that enhance decision making, create market opportunities that benefit us all and enable utilities and regulatory authorities to become smarter, more energy efficient and profitable.
We continue to 'push the envelope', being first-to-market with the latest advances in mathematical programming and energy market simulation theory, as it strives to offer the most comprehensive simulation software to its customer base. Development continues to be headquartered in Adelaide, South Australia, backed by a team with expertise in software development, operations research, economics, mathematics, statistics, and electrical engineering.
Our Vision is to empower our customers to achieve their optimal futures and we make every effort to accomplish this by living and breathing our Core Values:
- Solve the problems that matter
- Deliver solutions that drive outcomes
- Customers' success drives our business success.
ONE GLOBAL TEAM
- A place where everyone can do their best work
- Passionate about making a positive impact
- Collaborate, communicate and act as one team
INTEGRITY & OWNERSHIP
- Take ownership and be accountable for outcomes
- Value spirited debate then align behind decisions
- Operate at the highest standards
- Frontrunners - relentlessly pursuing innovation and excellence
- Foster idea generation at all levels
- Create the future by pushing the boundaries of today
As a member of the Asia Pacific (APAC) Sales team, the Energy Market Analyst will be responsible for engaging directly with both potential and existing clients to communicate technical features of the products and how the products can play a role in the client's strategies. The analyst will also assist Senior members of the team in managing implementation projects and building datasets. The Energy Market Analyst will work closely with the Team Leader, the Development Team, Sales and Business Development and other internal functional groups to enhance customer experience and relationships.
Success will be measured based upon the successful completion of implementation projects and meeting technical requirements when performing sales. The position is supported by strong training, coaching and mentoring and provides opportunity for professional growth and career advancement. Successful candidates will be analytical, skilled in communication and self motivated, and able to multitask in a dynamic and often changing environment. We celebrate collaboration, honesty, integrity, autonomy and self-learning and improvement.
- You will present and demonstrate our products to a variety of key individuals from companies including analysts, engineers, senior managers and executives.
- You will interact directly with potential clients and collaborate to build concept models, provide training and advice on modelling techniques.
- You will interact directly with the existing client base, providing answers to technical support questions relating to the product properties, settings and features. You will provide troubleshooting and general modelling advice and guidance to clients and ensure licenses are activated and re-activated in a timely and correct manner.
- You will work closely with the product development teams to resolve technical issues and generate product development stories as a result of client cases. You will also provide assistance in QA testing new product releases.
- You will assist Account Management with retention calls and visits with clients
Key Accountabilities and Duties
The following list is provided to set an expectation of the 'core' responsibilities of the role but is not intended to be an exhaustive list that covers all tasks that may be required on a day-to-day basis. As a rapidly growing business, it should be expected that the role and associated tasks are likely to evolve over time and that there will be situations where tasks not listed below will need to be undertaken to support region and business growth initiatives.
- Commercially apply advanced knowledge of our mathematical modelling software for new client demonstrations.
- Identify the needs for our software within clients' organisations and promote the uses of our software.
- Provide training and travel as required to existing customers (beginner level).
- Prepare proof of concepts and tender documents.
- Technically assist potential clients during the trial.
- Provide training and travel as required to existing customers using our software (advanced and customised).
- Assist support team by providing technical support to customers and tracking support cases from start to finish.
- Research and assist in formulating white papers, webinars and demonstrations to market our software.
- Build, calibrate and maintain accurate simulation ready datasets.
- Assist Project Managers in technical projects, including data input and modification, documentation and model tuning.
- Engage with clients to improve their modelling capabilities.
- Troubleshoot possible dataset issues and liaise with development team
- Maintain a high level of energy / power market knowledge, news, trends and industry developments
- Participate in internal communication, presentation, knowledge transfer, reporting and teambuilding
- * Foundational knowledge of power generation, transmission and utilities industry
- * Strong interpersonal presence and skills - demonstrated ability to build rapport
- * Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- * Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- * Collaborative approach to liaise with internal functions to meet common goals
- * Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- * Self-driven, results-orientated with a positive outlook and a focus on quality
- * Thorough knowledge of standard Microsoft programs - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Tertiary qualification in Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Operations Research or similar degree.
- Interest in the energy industry
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert back promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
NextWave Partners Ltd. (EA License No: 16S8303 - UEN: 201602833E)