|Posted:||2 months ago|
Title: Director of Data Science
Location: San Francisco, United States
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Technology & Climate-tech, Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the company
Joining a leading end-to-end software platform, building a suite of products to streamline efficient energy storage
The client is committed to helping make the planet a cleaner, better place to live, both with our software products and through our everyday actions. We are looking for passionate leaders who are not only fluent in technology, but also share the vision of a sustainable future
We are looking for Director of Data Science, a high impactful role working closely with the C level management contributing to overall business strategy and product vision.
In this role you will,
- Responsible for the vision, roadmap, and execution of the Data Science team charter.
- Build and grow the team to 30 across US, AUS and APAC. Support career paths, mentorship, and growth for team members.
- Lead, inspire, and empower the team and eliminate roadblocks to help them contribute and realize their full potential.
- Provide technical requirements for key data infrastructure decisions.
- Collaborate with other leaders and executives to build data-informed business strategy and product roadmaps.
We are looking for
- PhD or M.S. in science or engineering is advantageous.
- 10 years prior experience in data science with strong technical & people leadership skills are important
- Deep understanding and experience with time series forecasting, ML techniques (e.g. ARIMA, tree-based models, neural network), and Tools (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-Learn, Keras).
- Experience with optimization techniques (deterministic, stochastic), and optimization packages
- Proficient at executing cross-functional projects and coordinating with leadership across multiple teams
- Ability to translate complex business problems into achievable and actionable analytic projects
- A willingness to collaborate and communicate with the broader team to drive cross-team and cross-organization initiatives forward
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Job has Expired