Our client has built an Enterprise Information Management (EIM) system comprising of data lake, data warehouse, data marts and data processing pipelines that span both on-premises and cloud infrastructure. EIM was built to support our data analytics, data science and self-service business intelligence requirements. The Data Engineering Manager will lead a team of data engineers. You will work closely with your team to meet the data needs of various lines of businesses within the organisation.
- Growing and developing an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Set technology direction for the team, including infrastructure-as-code cloud services, distributed streaming and workflow systems, and distributed databases.
- Ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seek ways to make an outsized impact.
- Negotiate with internal business units on the priorities of different data projects across the airline.
- Report your team's good work to management team. Understand technical details of your team's work.
- Anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges through thoughtful long-term planning.
- Craft technical and delivery strategy.
- Manage a team of internal and vendor engineers.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or other related discipline with minimum of 10 years of work experience of which 5+ years in management of an engineering team & 5+ years in a hands-on technical role, focusing on big data, data warehousing and data architecture.
- We use AWS infrastructure extensively for data lake and data mart. Familiarity with AWS services is a plus.
- Experience with Agile methodology and iterative software delivery process.
- Experience in enterprise data governance is necessary.
- Experience in architecting, building and maintaining data processing systems.
- Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
- Experience with data processing technologies like Ab Initio, Apache Spark and Apache Kafka is a plus.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market, please contact Aman Talwar on the below email address and telephone number:
Direct Line: +65 6340 1949
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R143650