One of the world’s leading energy companies are expanding one of their subsidiary businesses and as a result are looking for a Credit Analyst to join the team in their Regional office in Asia. This position will be responsible for the credit review of counterparts for both the Regional office and its subsidiary in the APAC region.
Role & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Regional Finance Controller the the Senior Credit Analyst will be responsible for organising and implementing periodic credit reviews of all company counterparts.
- Analysing the financial condition of all trading counterparts and related groups
- Recommending appropriate credit limits and ensuring these are reviewed with and approved by Senior Management
- Acting as key coordinator managing relationships between client, front office, operations team, back office and bank for all letters of credit related issues.
- Verification of counterparts to ensure they have been correctly approved for trading in line with credit and compliance policies
- Review of all credit clauses in the underlying contracts
- Drafting letters of credit, including the negotiation of format, terms and conditions with counterparties
- Verifying letters of credit are acceptable and are issued and/or confirmed by an acceptable bank
Requirements & Qualifications
- A degree in a business, mathematics, sciences discipline or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience of credit risk analysis in a commodity trading environment
- Understanding of UCP600 and ISP98 would be beneficial
- Fluency in Mandarin is an advantage
- Excellent IT skills in relevant financial packages such as Bloomberg and MS Excel
This is a unique position to join one of the world’s leading organisations and gain exposure to a wide variety of disciplines within a Credit environment.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Mike Feely on the below email address and telephone number:
Direct Line: +65 6340 1940
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1767587