A well-known International EPC Contractor who has recently won a large 780MW CCGT Project in Indonesia is currently delivering the early stage earth works but requires a Construction Manager to take the reins of the project going forward due to the current Internal Construction being required for another project within the region.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful individual shall be an independent consultant who will assist and advise the EPC Company on the Site in relation to overall control and management of the Project and provide technical and management support to EPC Company for the project duration.
- Monitor construction activities at Site and check whether or not installation/erection works are in accordance with approved procedures, applicable standards/laws and state of the art. If there is any deviation from those and/or defect(s), report it to Site Manager or manager designated by Site Manager in writing (Non-Conformance Report) as well as deliver an instruction for corrective measures to Subcontractor(s).
- Check whether or not work progress is as per planned work schedule. If there is any delay, it (as well as possible cause/ countermeasures) is to be reported to Site Manager or manager designated by Site Manager in writing, and request the Subcontractor to submit a Recovery Plan. If necessary, support Subcontractor(s) for making the Plan.
- Check together with QC Inspectors, Subcontractors and/or the Client predetermined check-points for proper installation/erection of equipment at various stages of installation/erection process.
- Review the installation/erection procedures of equipment prepared by Subcontractors including planning of temporary platform/supports/devise required for installation/erection works to ensure that the procedures are in line with applicable codes/standards and state of the art and that the installation/erection works are carried out smoothly as scheduled.
- Prepare a reply to any inquiry from the Client as well as Subcontractors in respect of installation/erection of equipment in consultation with Equipment Supplier and/or Technical Leader, Subcontractors as well as the Client.
- Prepare necessary directives and advisory instructions to the Client and/or the Subcontractors in respect of installation/erection of equipment.
- Provide guidance to Subcontractors for its processes including assistance in the coordination among civil, mechanical and electrical works to avoid conflicts and minimize delays whilst ensuring the efficient, cost-effective and safe completion of the projects.
- Participate in any meeting with the Client and/or Subcontractors in respect of installation/erection of equipment, if necessary, lead a discussion as a representative of the EPC Company and oversee and review weekly/monthly Site Progress Reports for the installation/erection related matters.
- Chair monthly and weekly site coordination meetings with Subcontractors with the objective of establishing project and site status for schedule, construction matters, regulatory compliance and risk analysis etc.
- Review Work Procedure Plans prepared by Subcontractors to be submitted to the Client for approval. If the Client made any comments on those Plans, review Subcontractor’s replies before submission to the Client.
- Take the lead in resolving any construction issues in consultation with a responsible Subcontractors.
- Assist with P6 Primavera Operator to update Erection Schedule.
- Upon occurrence of problems relating to several Subcontractors during installation/erection of equipment which require technical resolution and/or precedence of works, take the lead in resolving the problems by coordinating with Subcontractors and, if necessary, other in house engineers and management.
- Monitor Technical Advisors dispatched from Equipment Suppliers if they are qualified for their positions and are providing sufficient guidance and advices to erection Subcontractors.
- Apart from the above, implement special tasks in respect of installation/erection issues as per request/instruction by management.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management with additional qualifications in business useful
- Experience via assignments or supervisory responsibility in most areas, including field engineering, project control, quality control, administration of contracts and subcontracts, craft supervision, field superintendence, safety, labor relations, commissioning and other applicable positions and functions
- Knowledge and familiarity with the methods, practices, crafts, tools, equipment, codes, documents, drawings, specifications, requirements, functions and control systems of the engineering and construction business
- Overall, a minimum of 20 years of experience in the process and/or utility/power construction industry; holding role of site/construction manager on at least 2 End to End thermal power projects.
- Leads by example; takes responsibility for own actions; exhibits confidence in self and others
- Delegates work assignments by matching the responsibilities to the capabilities of the personnel; effectively follows-up and provides support
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Solicits and applies client feedback (internal and external)
- Effectively manages day-to-day activities of project team members and communicates changes and progress
- Provides regular performance feedback to subordinates
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Alex Bacciarelli on the below email address and telephone number:
Direct Line: +65 9836 6590
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1331936