Co-Founder & CTO
|Salary:||US$180000 - US$250000 per annum + based on experience|
|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
Title: Co-Founder & CTO
Location: NYC / NJ Area or Chicago Area
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, & Climate-Tech sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the Role
NextWave are currently working exclusively with a brand-new startup that is commercializing a technology developed in a leading US University. The technology is at the intersection of Carbon capture, carbon mineralization and cement (more specifically, Supplementary Cementitious Materials or SCM). The award-winning and patented technology allows them to capture and sequester CO2 with an energy consumption which is less than that of the competition by an order of magnitude (less than 200 kWh per ton CO2 captured and sequestered), and at the same time, manufacture an SCM which can be sold. This new chemistry improves the properties of certain waste materials such as slag and fly ash as feedstock.
They are looking for a Co-Founder to bring operational expertise to supplement our commercial and technical knowledge. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing material handling plants (such as SCMs), with a strong understanding of carbon capture. They should ideally also have knowledge of various feedstocks, including fly ash, slag, crushed glass, and ground natural minerals, as well as the players in the cement / concrete space.
- Develop SCM plants and manage their construction, including negotiating contracts and separating out the liabilities of the company vs the provider.
- Manage teams on the ground.
- Bring operational expertise to the team to supplement the commercial and technical knowledge.
- Proven experience in developing material handling plants and managing their construction.
- Strong understanding of carbon capture.
- Knowledge of various feedstocks, including fly ash, slag, crushed glass, and natural ground minerals, as well as the players in the cement / concrete space.
- Experience managing teams on the ground.
- Location: The ideal candidate will be in the NYC / NJ area or Chicago area.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert back promptly.
You can reach out to Silas Mähner via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Job has Expired