We are working with a product company that is developing cutting-edge AI products on search and recommendation.
A Leader of Technology is needed to run the application and development team, help drive the projects and manage a group of diverse developers.
As the business grows, so does the requirement for a leader who can utilize a growth mindset to develop and nurture a high performing team. Tapping into the current talent as well as driving further advancement and improving the production design.
The product is developed on open-source code so you will also be required to be an expert on coding in Ruby and Golang while architecting using microservices. Have a good understanding of data pipelines and wrangling so you can design scalable solutions. You’d also be tapping into database systems specifically for search engines and data products.
- Lead a team of diverse developers from backend, frontend and data engineering and manage their growth and development. Leading through actions and over-seeing their engineering code
- Be able to manage in organized manner projects, stakeholders and a technical team. Match timelines and be adaptive to the start-up culture.
- Ability to wear multiple hats and code to a high level in open-source languages
- Have good understanding of data architectures and data products
- Hold the foresight to see a product from the eyes of a user and be able to implement and dictate changes necessary to make it user-friendly
- Be able to manage the load and latency required on a data product
- Minimally holding a Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related fields.
- Holding at least 7 years of experience in development roles at product-based companies, preferably with SEA start-up experience
- With 2-3 years of experience leading projects or small teams to deliver at highly competitive deadlines
- Backend experience in Ruby on Rails and/or Golang highly preferred, otherwise proficiency in other transferable open-source coding is fine with understanding that coding here will be done on Golang
- Strong familiarity with microservices and their design
- Infrastructure experience in managing networks with tools such as VM, Kubernetes, AWS, Jenkins
- Able to wrangle data on Kafka, RabbitMQ and/or airflow
- Prior project experience on search, using Solr or Elastic Search to fine-tune algorithm parameters or scale infrastructure
- Frontend exposure to React is a bonus
- Good communication abilities to manage a multitude of stakeholders
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Angie Wakefield at email@example.com - Direct Line: +65 6340 1949
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1781517