NextWave Partners is working with a leading IPP within the renewables sector who are looking to develop solar and wind projects across Asia.
The company is looking for a candidate who has experience in the development of wind energy projects within international markets and in SE Asia to be based in SE Asia to participate as member of the development team that developing the company’s wind power project concessions.
The core requirements are
- Project development experience with reputable wind energy developers (ideally both onshore and onshore)
- International experience in developing countries required (experience in projects in SE Asia will be highly regarded)
- 8-15 years of development experience
- Flexible to travel regularly and must be willing to be based in Vietnam
- Demonstrated capability to develop and maintain relationships with Government, authorities, suppliers and contractors
- Comfortable in working in a team of multidisciplinary internal and external professionals
- Engineering or other technical qualification and experience in applying such technical skills to the development, financing and implementation of wind farms
- Ability to speak Vietnamese in addition to fluent English will be highly regarded
Specifically the role would entail
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary development team as the technical lead
- Managing aspects of the wind farm and transmission line permitting and approval process
- including the engagement and management of relevant technical and environmental
- Manage various studies required for the project implementation including, grid, environmental, wind resource, geotechnical etc.
- Coordinate internal and external specialists to optimise the wind farm, layout, technical specifications
- Participate in the selection and negotiation with the proposed EPC Contractors and finalisation of the EPC Contract with the selected party
- Manage the technical due diligence process for the project’s financing
If interested in discussing this or other related roles, please contact Christopher Stephens at
Direct: +65 6340 1947
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1223713