NextWave Partners is working with an offshore wind developer who is seeking a motivated and effective Supply Chain Manager. This Manager will work closely with the company’s Communications and Procurement teams.
- Development of local economic benefit strategies, including the creation of competitive proposals and economic development plans to be included into the company’s submittals into state energy procurement solicitations.
- Develop and manage relationships with Labor Unions and manage expectations between Unions and supply chain.
- In coordination with the company’s procurement and engineering teams, leverage the company’s established relationships with key supply chain players, and develop and strengthen local relationships with suppliers, vendors, and other stakeholders in the industry.
- Identify qualified potential suppliers and maintain a supplier database in collaboration with the company’s procurement team.
- Identify supply chain bottlenecks and develop solutions that the company could explore with local supply chain and offshore wind industry players to increase local economic benefits.
- Cooperate with stakeholders, including local economic development agencies, communities, state agencies, labor representatives, and industry representatives, to develop an understanding of the supply chain opportunities and needs in the region, and to identify potential for partnerships on a commercial, state, or local level.
- Cooperate with external stakeholders to ensure implementation and execution of selected benefit strategies.
- Coordinate with the team on RFIs, RFPs, and the procurement of services and contract relations with vendors/suppliers.
- Track local and regional content in conjunction with Procurement and Finance Teams.
- Input responses to State solicitations for PPAs ensuring commitments and local investments are accurately represented.
- Develop proposals for supply chain development, local content, and investment that the company could explore incorporating into its project development strategies.
- Provide recommendations to the company’s finance and legal teams to improve contracts periodically as needed.
- Oversee efforts to compile directories of vendors and contractors and other internal materials as well as assist and manage public-facing efforts like “Meet the Buyer” events.
- Assist in the review of scope specifications as well as in the identification of cost reductions and value engineering.
- Represent the company in regional industry, trade organizations, labor unions and associate groups.
- Travel: Willingness to travel on a regular basis, typically around New England, to research and meet with suppliers, vendors, and other industry representatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; technical and/or financial area preferred
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain management or project development, preferably for large infrastructure, manufacturing, or energy projects, including renewable energy projects
- Experienced in procurement and contract negotiation and management
- Experience with and at least basic understanding of procurement of services and/or equipment
- Political campaign or other outreach experience preferred
- Extensive experience with a wide range of stakeholder management, tendering, negotiation, etc.
- Experience writing detailed proposals, including proposals to state agencies
- Experience and market competitive analysis
- Understanding of the complexities of offshore wind project development, its components, and the associated supply chain
- Understanding of the regional, U.S. and international offshore wind market and supply chains
- Knowledge of supply chain contract management fundamentals, best practices, and industry trends
- Understanding of cost drivers on contracts and ability to demonstrate transparency and overall value
- Strong written and oral communication and negotiation skills including ability to quickly review and edit complex documents
- Attention to detail and a willingness to roll up their sleeves to come up with creative solutions
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish direction, alignment, and commitment across teams
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
For a confidential discussion, please send in your resume to Sana Anjum at email@example.com or call her at +1 (929) 353-7160 (Direct Line)