|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
Staff Software Engineer, Python
Location: San Francisco, United States
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Climate-Tech, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the company
Joining a leading end-to-end software platform, building a suite of products to streamline efficient energy storage
The client is committed to helping make the planet a cleaner, better place to live, both with our software products and through our everyday actions. We are looking for experienced staff python engineer motivated self-starter that thrives in a dynamic start-up environment to support development of the core platform.
In this role you will,
- Playing a lead role in definition and applications of the best software practices microservice architecture
- Mentor a team of engineers. Collaborate with Product Owner, data scientists, and research partners to design, develop, test, and maintain our applications.
- Scale backend-capabilities, break components off the monolith into their own services
- Contribute to monitoring, logging, and alerting. Improve build pipelines and deployment processes
We are looking for
- Looking for minimum 6 years excellent experience in Python development
- Experience in leading applications end to end and mentoring internal teams
- Writing clean, maintainable, thoroughly tested, and shippable production python (3.6+) code
- Experience querying and designing databases for structured data
- Expertise in software engineering best practices (design patterns, OOP, data-structures)
- Hands-on microservice experience
- Strong Objected oriented programming skills
Tech Focus: Python, Django, Flask Redis, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch , AWS (EKS, ECS, RDS, EC2, S3, networking) enkins, PyPI Java, Slack, Bitbucket, Jira, G-Suite, Knowledge of Cloud, IoT technologies, and scalable platforms
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Job has Expired