NextWave Partners is working with a leading US renewable energy developer, owner and operator who is backed by a prominent private equity firm. Our client is developing a portfolio of over 5,000 MW of wind, solar and energy storage projects across 11 US states. Our client is an owner-operator with expertise in all aspects of renewable power project development, permitting, power marketing, finance, construction and asset management.
The Senior Project Developer will be part of the New Projects team, reporting directly to the Director of New Projects. The selected candidate will work in parallel to other Senior Project Developers who have responsibility for other geographic regions, sharing knowledge and providing support as needed. This role will have an Associate Project Developer providing support to your portfolio of projects, allowing you to advance your projects more efficiently.
- Lead our Client’s US-based wind and solar projects through all development phases with a focus on early- to mid-stage phases.
- Assess the viability of project concepts, establish strategic land control, coordinate applications for interconnection, and facilitate desktop environmental, permitting, and transmission reviews.
- Serve as project lead for discussions with landowners, negotiate site control agreements and secure planning / use permit approvals.
- Coordinate various studies and manage outside consultants to meet project budget and schedule.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders, including federal, state and local officials, project landowners, and surrounding community members.
- Drive complex negotiations and independently create solutions to project-specific challenges.
- Make sound decisions under challenging circumstances using available data and your experience.
- Facilitate the engagement of internal development, interconnection, origination, procurement, construction, legal, resource assessment, accounting, GIS, and finance teams.
- Integrate the feedback of team members into your project approach to achieve superior results.
- Establish organizational goals, objectives, and operating procedures in line with the overall business plans and objectives.
- Implement long-term company strategy and initiatives related to wind and solar project development.
- Create control and influence over the costs, terms, and schedules of key project milestones.
- Efficiently and effectively manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Support and help guide the work and professional development of Associate level team members.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college program.
- 5+ years of wind and/or solar development experience.
- Knowledge of the full-cycle of utility-scale wind and solar power generation development and marketing, with considerable experience leading early- to mid-stage development.
- Extensive knowledge of interconnection process, permitting, real estate, state/federal regulation, utility procurement goals, politics, law and other issues that impact development of renewable energy projects in the U.S. energy markets.
- Strong understanding of U.S. power markets and transmission system.
- Solid understanding of economic drivers for renewable energy projects.
- Ability to concisely frame issues by providing context, analysis, recommendations and risk/benefit tradeoffs, both in written, verbal, and presentation format, to project teams and to senior management.
- Ability to recognize development opportunities and identify and evaluate risks related to renewable project development.
For a confidential discussion, please send in your resume to Sana Anjum at email@example.com or call her at +1 (929) 353-7160 (Direct Line)