Due to the expansion of their regional operations, a truly global power project developer is looking to hire an in-house legal counsel to provide legal support for all the company’s activities in the region, predominantly during the development phase of new projects.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Providing general legal support to internal teams and regional business units within the group with regards to the drafting, negotiation, entry into and management of commercial contracts in the Africa.
- Providing legal advice to the commercial teams on all legal matters as they arise, including regulatory and local law issues in coordination with local counsel
- Providing legal support during the financing of power & renewables projects, including the drafting and negotiating finance documents, with the support of external advisors
- Support for aspects of legal for M&A activities in the region
- Contributing to the development of template agreements for the Region
- Ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures issued by the company
Requirements / Qualifications
- Law Degree from a reputable university.
- Qualified to practice OHADA law
- At least 5 years of legal practice.
- Large law firm experience or in‐house experience in one or more multinational companies.
- Excellent command of French and English
- Credible stature and strong network of regional stakeholders/power industry contacts.
- Experience in listing a company in Asia would be beneficial but not essential.
This is an exciting position for an experienced Legal Counsel to gain in-house exposure with one of the power industry’s leading players.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Mike Feely on the below email address and telephone number:
Direct Line: +65 6340 1940
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1767587